Celebration

Thank you for the support. I loved writing this chapter and can't wait to share more with you all.

"Thanks for meeting me." I greet my brother.

"You kind of left me with no choice

"You kind of left me with no choice."

"No, that's not..." Henry pulls out his phone and pushes play. "Listen here, you little shit. You are being an ass to the sweetest person ever, and you should be terrified of what Theo will do to you if you break his Lexie's heart. You will meet me for lunch tomorrow. And I don't care what hoops you have to jump through be there, or I will end you!" He finishes the voicemail and gives me a look.

"Seriously, Gen."

"I was just warning you about what Theo would do."

"Your sons eight."

"Five." I correct him.

"Five, and he's threatening me."

"No, just reminding you not to hurt his Lexie."

"I love Lexie."

"Like you love your family?" I question.

"Don't."

"You avoid all of us like we're horrible people."

"You're not one to talk."

"I couldn't spend time with family because of work." I defend.

"Because you chose a job across the country!"

"I needed to leave New York!"

"To get away from your cheating trash bo...well now husband!"

"Mark has changed."

"Please." Henry scoffs. "People like him don't change."

"You don't know him as I do."

"Oh, I know him."

"You are going to hold grudges against Mark for the rest of your pathetic life, aren't you?" I question him.

"What happened to us, Gennie? You used to love me."

"I never stopped loving you, Henry."

"When did you stop liking me?"

"When you acting like an ass, become more of you just being an ass." I answer honestly.

"You used to look at me with such joy in your eyes. You called me at least twice a week from school just to tell me about your week. I was the first person you told when you got into medical school."

"I remember."

"I still think about that day." I tense as he says this.

"Don't..."

"After filling you up with as much ice cream, your stomach could stand. Lottie and Maddie just wanted to be with mom. CoCo was icing everyone out. Frankie was silent as always. It was just you and me. You cried in my arms all night, and I just kept singing to you until finally, you fell asleep. You wouldn't leave my side."