Savoring Life

Hello here is another chapter and officially the start of the boards for Gen and her fellow residents.

Everyone is on edge with Jane Doe being confirmed as the missing girl who was taken when she was six years old. Mark and I moved the kids into our bedroom in fear of something happen even though nothing has happened. But dealing with a case like this it makes you want to hold your family a little closer to your heart. Theo is loving it because he gets to sleep with us in our big bed as he likes to call it. Meredith bonded with the girl to the point she can't leave her side. Cristina is getting wooed by every big name hospital in the country and Alex is taking interviews in the middle of nowhere. "I thought you were taking over Torres' service?" Mark asks me as he plays with Theo and I cuddle Davina in my arms.

"I was but when they found out who Jane Doe was she needed to take over. Which I appreciate because I couldn't stomach what happened to that poor girl." I state as I kiss the top of Davina's head. She plays with my hair and relish in her touch.

"The kids are okay Gen. No one is taking them." Mark assures me.

"True because they would have to go through me and my scalpel." I reply to him. I kiss Davina on her cheek making her laugh. Zola and Sofia are playing together while Theo is taking a nap on Mark's lap.

"You're both here?" Derek asks us shocked.

"Yeah, I could either study for my boards or play with my children. I've studied all I could and...I needed to hold my children." I explain to him.

"Understandable." Derek kneels down. "Hey, Zola. Good evening. Good evening. How are you?"

"Tuck?" Bailey comes into daycare calling out for her son. "Tucker? Hey, uh where's Tuck?"

"I'm not sure. He was...just here." Mark, Derek, and I look up seeing Dr. Bailey confront Tara one of the daycare workers.

"You don't know? Even though it's your job to know where my son is?" Bailey is getting upset.

"Tara, when's the last time you saw him?" Derek asks her and I watch Zola.

"A few minutes ago. I swear, he was right here." Tara answers.

"A few..." Mark and I stand up looking for Tuck ourselves.

"Um, call a code pink." Bailey orders Tara. "Right now."

"What? No, there's a protocol for a code..."

"Not when a Jane Doe is brought in after being kidnapped and tortured for over a decade. Call the damn code pink!" I join Dr. Bailey no getting upset for her.

"You took your eyes off of him, and he's gone. Now you pick up that phone, and you make that call right now or I swear to god, I'll have your throat." Bailey threatens.

"Tara, just do it." Derek talks calmly to her.

"Just call the code pink!" Bailey yells. Tara finally picks up the phone and Davina begins to cry.

"It's okay baby girl. Mark." I call out. "Mark."

"I'm right here." Mark joins me with Theo in his arms still sound asleep.

"Yes, we have a code pink." Tara says into the phone. "A 50year-old by, missing, I think. I'm not sure how long. Um, I don't know. He's wearing a green striped..."

"Please don't just stand there. Okay, look help me find him." Bailey begs the other parents.

"Go look. I'll watch the kids." I whisper to Mark. He nods his head and places Theo down in the beanbag next to me.