Easing Back In

This weeks Grey's made me cry so much.

"Hey is this...wow." Alex stops his chattering as he comes into the room and sees me cradling my twins. "Are those..."

"These are them." I confirm for him.

"So 911 was..."

"It was real this time. Want to come meet them?"

"Do you even have to ask me?" Alex comes over and he already has pure love in his eyes for my babies. "Wow Gen...I have to give it to you. You and Sloan make some beautiful kids." He compliments me.

"Look at you being all sweet." I comment and he shakes his head at me. "Want to hold one of them?"

"Yeah...uh...which one is..."

"Well this is Everett George Sloan and he's really comfortable." I explain.

"Everett?"

"It's Mark's middle name and apparently a family name. I like it. You don't hear it that often. And I'm not into the whole jr thing." I explain to him.

"So that means I get the girl." Alex states as he carefully picks Alexia up. "Aw, she likes me." He comments as Alexia cuddles into his chest.

"Yeah, she does."

"How do you get lucky enough to have very calm newborns every time?"

"Oh trust me they are nothing but calm. Everett here vomits every time we feed him. And it smells horrible and..." I bite my lip wanting to savor this moment. "Alexia Rose Sloan is a screamer."

"Ale..." Alex meets my gaze. I nod my head. "She...is she named after me?"

"I couldn't think of a more perfect name for her."

"Yes!" Alex cheers and Davina starts crying which easily turns into screaming. "Shit!" Everett joins in on crying now too.

"And you thought they were calm newborns." I joke with Alex.

"How do I make them stop?" Alex asks me.

"You're a peds surgeon. And you don't know how to make a baby to stop crying?"

"I...here!" Alex holds Alexia out to me.

"Alex!"

"I can't handle it. It's too much crying and...too many damn babies!" He passes Alexia back to me and I try to calm down

"I cannot believe I named my child after you and you're running away like a child!" I scold him.

"I am a peds surgeon. Not a miracle worker!" Alex argues.

"That's not what it says on your Linkedin you ass!" I shout.

__________________________________
"Okay, the kids are fed and bathed. They are busy picking out the book they want you to read to them. I can help bathe the twins while you get Davina and Theo ready for bed." Maddie offers.

"You are amazing. Thank you." I kiss my sister's cheek. "Mark and I couldn't make it without you."

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure of that. You have a lot of people around you that are always here to help."

"We do have a lot of people." I agree.

"This is a nice little life you've made for yourself Gennie."

"It wasn't without a lot of uphill battles."

"Tell me about it. I can't believe it's almost been four years since your wedding. It feels like a lifetime ago."