[Surfing] John B

"Come on it'll be fun! Kiara's already out there!" I said saying to my best friend Tate as we were about to go surfing.

"I don't know. Last time I went surfing, I nearly died."

"Who cares? Die again? We're going surfing!" I didn't want to hear an answer from her, I just ran into the sea because I saw Kiara.

"Y/n!!!" I heard her shout.

"Kiara!!!" I shouted back as I was jumping over the small waves.

"Is that Tate? You made her come out?" Kiara asked me in shout.

"Something like that." We both looked her as she came over slowly and cautiously.

"Oh y/n, this is John B by the way." I turned away from Tate, to see a cute brunette guy.

"Hi?" He said in more of a question.

"Hey, how comes we haven't met?" I asked the cute ass boy in front of me.

"I dunno Kiara why haven't I met...?"

"Y/n," Kiara looked between us two. "Because I wanted for you two get to know each other just the two of you. Because you're way to similar." I was about to say something but then Kiara ran over to Tate.

"So how long you've been on this island for?" I turned back to John B as I went red.

"Since I was 6. I came over here with my mum for a holiday to visit my nan and I enjoyed it so I came here every holiday between schools then I eventually moved." I said smiling because that's the best way to describe it without breaking down into tears.

"Oh cool. I was born round here with my dad, but then he got lost at sea. I took it pretty hard." I looked over at John B and he looked further into the ocean.

"Hey come on let's surf it'll take our mind off of things." I took his hand as we walked further into the sea and I saw a decent  wave come near us.

"I call dibs!" I shouted.

I started paddling and so did John B,

"Dickhead!" I whispered but then we both pulled the wave together and I stayed up longer, I jumped off then turned to him.

"Didn't you say you grew up on this island?" I said sarcastically.

"Shut up. You got a headstart." I laughed and I caught the next wave.

For most of the day me and John B were surfing, just the two of us. While Kiara was reassuring Tate about surfing and showing her how safe and fun it is. Tate finally started enjoying just like she used to.

"So y/n?" I turned around to see John B sitting on his born.

"Yes, you would like to ask me a question?" I said sitting on my board.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date this weekend?" I raised my eyebrows then looked at him and back at the waves.

"If you can beat me on this wave then yeah." John B smiled with his whole face as he saw the massive wave coming towards us. We started paddling, we both stood up and rode it he always did a flip turning round in the wave as well. But we fell off together and landed right in front of each other.

John B didn't waste any time he put his hand in my hair and he kissed me,  I obviously kissed back. We were both floating kissing each other and our boards just floating. I think this was a good way to spend my first kiss.

Until.

A massive wave came over us and John B pulled me over to him in a hug.

"Wow okay," I said but then my ankle bracelet from the board tried to pull me away from John B but he held me closer.

"Well." I smiled at him and went red.

"I'll see you at the wreck on Saturday at 1?" I asked now proposing the date.

"I'll pick you up at your house."

"You don't know where I live."

"Kiara does though." I pushed him in the stomach with my foot then did a back flip in the water.

As I came up I saw John B standing there with an impressive look on his face.

"You need to show me how to do that." I laughed. We then spent the whole day showing off tricks back and forth with each other and surfing together, then we said goodbye as the moon came up.