[Maybe I'm not the same] Pope

"What are you doing here?!" I asked as the one and only Carla Limbrey stood on my porch leaning on her crutch with her 'body guard' next to her.

"Oh y/n. You're a smart girl. I think you know exactly what I want." Limbrey said as she welcomed herself and the guy in my house. Just as I was about to shut the door. "Oh you don't need to close it. A friend's just parking the truck."

I raised an eyebrow until Rafe Cameron stood leaning up against my front door frame. "Long time no see." He said as he welcomed himself in.

"Where's my deal?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Straight to the point. But like we agreed, when we get the cross then we'll give you the deal. But I don't see the cross anywhere?" Limbrey said finally taking a seat.

"That wasn't the deal! I helped you get everything you wanted and now you've got to hold up your end of the bargain!"

"See. We were gonna do that, but we have extra dirt to hold up against you. So, unless you want the whole outer banks to know. Pull an extra thread and we'll now have a deal." Rafe said putting his hand out for me to shake.

"Why would I do that? You've see the shit hole of a house I live in. I've got nothing to lose."

"You have this shit hole to lose. You'll be out on the street if this gets out so - "

"Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!" I heard Pope shout as he was banging on the door..

"Oh is your little boyfriend here? Let's go see him shall we?" Rafe asked as he made his way to the front door which I stopped him.

"Let me deal with him then I'll make a bargain." I saw Rafe dart his eyes to Limbrey and he backed away. "That's what I thought."

I opened the door slightly to not let Pope see who's in the house, but that didn't stop him from pushing the door right open and barging.

"You'll never guess what me and the pouges found! We - "

I looked down at the floor when Pope saw the three people in my front room.

"Y/n what are they all doing in your house?" When he knew I wasn't gonna answer him he walked out.

"Your boyfriend just walked out. Now shake my bloody well hand!"

I moved away from Rafe and ran out oy my front door as I saw Pope speed walking away from my house.

"Pope! Pope!" I shouted at him as he carried on walking away from me on the road.

"Go away y/n!" He shouted at me.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean for you to find out like this! This isn't how I wanted it! You've got to understand that!"

Pope stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to face me. "What?! You didn't mean for us to find out that you've only helped us look for the cross because they wanted it!"

"I didn't help you look for the cross because they wanted it! You've got to understand where I'm coming from Pope! I was forced into helping them out! Why would I ever want to cross you and the pouges? Especially with Rafe and Limbrey?"

"Why would I ask that question when you did it? That's my families legacy! You helped them every step of the way! And now you want me to act like it was okay?!" Pope shouted back at me one last time before he walked quicker then he ever did before.

"They had dirt on me that no one else has ever heard of! I've never even told anyone! My dad's the only one that knows! Then they just found out something that might risk my life here!" I shouted as if he would try understand.

"So what? You know that us pouges stick together! We probably would've been made at you or whatever! But we still would've sticked together!"

"I didn't think about that!"

"You're not really thinking anymore now are you y/n? Go back to your new found friends."

"The Pope I fell in love with never would've left me like this!" I shouted as if I could get one more chance of redeeming myself to him again.

"And the y/n I fell in love with never would've double crossed me with something that I hold close to my heart." Pope said as he walked off turning the corner.

Maybe I'm not the same y/n he fell in love with.