Chapter Forty-Two: Discussion in the Dorm

TEDDY

Teddy lays down on his bed, his heart still racing from his previous encounter. Nico walks in.

NMW: You're smiling. You don't smile nearly enough. What happened?

TL: So you know how I went to the secret garden?

NMW: Of course.

TL: Well, Aurora knows about it.

NMW: Was she there?

TL: Yes. She wasn't wearing her uniform anymore, just a simple dress.

NMW: Your hair is pink. 

Teddy bites his cheeks and stares out the window.

TL: Yeah? It was purple in the garden?

NMW: Purple? Never seen that on you before.

TL: I was surprised too.

NMW: So what happened?

TL: She was just picking flowers and reading under a tree when she spotted me in the one-room house. I helped her in through the window and we talked while she played the piano in there. Then she said something about having friends and having me.

NMW: You're not her friend?

TL: That's what I said. She told me I was only her friend if I wanted to be but to her, I was more than that. I asked her if "more than a friend" was a label and she said she only had two; friend or boyfriend.

NMW: No way. No way!

TL: Yes! I obviously picked boyfriend and we kissed...

NMW: You kissed?

TL: We kissed!

NMW: And you're her boyfriend?

TL: I'm her boyfriend!

NMW: I won!

TL: Won what?

NMW: Moll and I had a bet. I said you'd be official with Aurora by the end of December and she said you wouldn't get together until at least January. I won.

TL: How much?

NMW: Two galleons.

TL: Nice. Isn't Moll dating Darren?

NMW: Darren Wood? No. She really fancies him. He just asked her to the ball while you were in the garden. Speaking of which, what are you going to do with Aurora at midnight in the common room?

TL: I was going to take her on a walk around the gardens, read her a story, and stargaze.

NMW: You're too wholesome for the world, Teddy, too wholesome.

TL: Thank you?

NMW: You're welcome.

Teddy checks the clock. 5:19 pm.