Chapter Three: The Next Day

I feel a sudden shake on my shoulders.
Me: "Jesus! What?" I say through a yawn.
DM: "School! Dammit, we slept in. Why did no one wake us up?" I stand up and start folding the blankets we were using. I place the blankets on the table but notice a small Polaroid picture on the table.
DM: "What's the picture?" He picks it up and turns it over. Panic sets in on his face.
Me: "What?" I say grabbing the picture from his hands. There on the little square is a picture of Malfoy and I cuddling, asleep, on the couch. "Oh. It's not that bad. Could be worse."
DM: Y/N, everyone had to walk past us to leave the common room.
Me: Oh. Right.
DM: So everyone knows.
Me: "Oh well, I'm going to go get dressed." I take the picture and walk to my dorm. It's not even that big of a deal. I throw on my uniform.
Robes. Where did I put my robes? My bed. Ok I got it all on now. I put on my shoes and head back to the common room where Malfoy is waiting for me.
DM: "We're just late for breakfast. Let's go." He takes my hand and we walk out of the room.
Me: "You're so suddenly affectionate. I want to know what happened to the other Malfoy."
DM: I wanted to make an improvement but only for you. I was treating you like the girl from the story was treating the guy. I couldn't take it anymore.
Me: "Malfoy--- Draco," I stop walking and look into his eyes, "That means so much to me. You have no idea."
DM: "It makes me happy to know that you are too." He plants a kiss on my forehead and we continue walking to the Great Hall. When we finally arrive, he ushers me to the Slytherin table.
Goyle: "You're really late. The food is going to disappear off of the plates soon." Malfoy shoots him a look and he shuts up. Pansy Parkinson cuts her eyes at us and then mutters something to Blaise.
Me: Whatcha talkin about Pansy? Care to share with the rest of us?
Pansy: I was just telling Blaise what a pity it was that Malfoy chose an ugly bat like you over a gorgeous swan like me.
Me: "Yeah? Well before the swan was beautiful, it was the ugliest duckling. You're obviously still in the duckling face Pansy Wansy." She sneers at me and turns away. Malfoy laughs and mutters, "Like I would ever want her," under his breath. I look at him.
DM: "Y/N. You're gorgeous. No matter what anyone says." I blush and kiss his cheek. Pansy rolls her eyes and continues talking to Blaise. Blaise faces us and makes moaning noises while Pansy pretends to shove a dick in her mouth.
Me: "Classy guys." Professor Snape makes his way over to the table pretending to read his book behind Pansy's head. Blaise and Pansy continue making sounds and doing very interesting movements. Snape hits Blaise over the head.
Snape: Detention for both of you. In my class. For, how many hours should we make it Y/L/N?
Me: "Uh," I look at Malfoy, and he mouths 'three.' "It should be three hours, Professor Snape. That was very rude and hurt my feelings."
Snape: "It is settled. Mr. Zabini and Miss Parkinson, you will have detention for three hours this evening in my classroom organizing my ingredients and potions. I'm sorry about that Miss Y/L/N."
Me: I'll be alright Professor.
Snape: "Good. Anything else to say Mr. Zabini? Miss Parkinson?" He looks at them expectantly.
"Sorry." They say in unison. Malfoy laughs and I say, "thanks. your actions have consequences."
Snape: "That's right. I cannot believe that I've already had to give out detention on the first day. And from my own house? Disgrace. I thought it would be a Weasley." Pansy and Blaise look embarrassed. Snape walks over to the Gryffindor table. Pansy and Blaise look back over at us.
Pansy: I'll kill you bitch. One of these days.
Me: Woah calm down Pansy, don't want to add to your detention. Snape let you off easy because you're a Slytherin but ooooo if you weren't... Consider yourself lucky.
Blaise: Why did Snape, of all people, stick up for you two?
Me: "Malfoy and I are his favorites. Didn't you know?" Pansy scoffs and Blaise turns to Malfoy.
Blaise: I'm going to beat you into a pulp for suggesting three hours of detention.
DM: Go ahead. I'll let Snape know and get you more detention time.
Blaise: You won't always have Snape to run to Malfoy.
Me: Maybe not, but I will. After all, he is my godfather.
Pansy: What??
Me: Oh yeahhhhhh. I didn't tell you? Snape was best friends with my father in school.
Blaise: That's unfair.
Me: "No. It's the truth. You just don't want to hear it." The food disappears off of our plates before I can eat anything.
DM: Dammit.
Me: "Wait. Come with me." I take his hand and we walk out of the Hall. I lead him to a hallway filled with paintings of fruits.
DM: The hell?
Me: "Just wait." I find the painting of a bowl of fruit and tickle the pear. The painting opens up to the kitchen.
DM: Damn. I didn't know that's how you got here. Where'd you learn that?
Me: Fred Weasley told me last year because I told him I always got hungry between lunch and dinner.
DM: "Well, at least one Weasley is worth something." He laughs. The house-elves welcome us and ask what we would like to eat.
Me: Whatever was at breakfast. I didn't have time to eat.
DM: "I'll have whatever you give her." The house-elves bring us some cinnamon buns, apple cider, croissants, toast, and jam.
Me: "Thank you all very much." I shove the food into my pockets and Malfoy opens the painting.
DM: "Let's go eat on the quidditch field. No one should be there." He motions for me to get on his back.
Me: Piggyback?
DM: "Hell yeah. Come on, it'll be fun. I promise."
Me: "Pinky promise?" I ask and giggle. He reaches out his pinky and says, "Pinky promise." My Malfoy. I hop on his back and he runs through the castle.
Me: "Draco! Slow down!" I say through laughs. He just laughs and continues to run, through the courtyard, where we get looks from classmates and laughs from others, through the fields, all the way to where we practice quidditch.
DM: "Food time!" He says as he sets me down in the middle of the field. He takes off his robe and lays it down like a blanket. I set the food out on it and we eat and laugh together.
DM: "Do you have any stories to tell me?" He says through a mouthful of food.
Me: Oh, uh, no. Not as good as the one you told me about on the train.
DM: You have to have one. Something interesting from your life? Something you read? Or just make something up.
Me: "Alright. Uh, let me think." I lay back on the grass. Malfoy picks up the robe and flings off the crumbs. He lays down next to me and strokes my hand with his thumb.
DM: "If you can't think of a story, sing me a song." What the hell do I sing a Malfoy?
Me: "Uhmm ok. Any requests?" He laughs and squeezes my hand.
DM: Just sing.
A/N: Listen to Training Wheels by Melanie Martinez while reading the next part.
Me: 🎶"Ridin down. Riding down. My hand on your seat the whole way round. I carry band-aids on me now, for when your soft hands hit the jagged ground. Wheels aren't even touching the ground. Scared to take them off, but they're so worn down. Promise I won't push you straight to the dirt, if you promise me you take them off first. "🎶
DM: I know this one. 🎶 I love everything you do. When you call me fuckin dumb for the stupid shit I do. I wanna ride my bike with you. Fully undressed, no training wheels left for you. I'll pull them off for you.🎶

Me: 🎶 I love everything you do. When you call me fuckin dumb for the stupid shit I do. I wanna ride my bike with you. Fully undressed, no training wheels left for you. I'll pull them off for you.🎶
DM: 🎶Letting go, letting go. Telling you things you already know. I explode, I explode. Asking you where you want us to go.🎶
Me: "🎶You've been riding two-wheelers all your life. It's not like I'm asking to be your wife. I wanna make you mine, but that's hard to say. Is this coming off in a cheesy way?🎶" Malfoy pulls me off of the ground and begins slow dancing with me.
DM: 🎶 I love everything you do. When you call me fuckin dumb for the stupid shit I do. I wanna ride my bike with you. Fully undressed, no training wheels left for you. I'll pull them off for you.🎶
Me: 🎶I love everything you do. When you call me fuckin dumb for the stupid shit I do. I wanna ride my bike with you. Fully undressed, no training wheels left for you. I'll pull them off for you.🎶 He spins me and plants a kiss on my lips. He speaks the rest of the lyrics.
DM: "I love everything you do. When you call me fuckin dumb for the stupid shit I do. I wanna ride my bike with you. Fully undressed, no training wheels left for you. I'll pull them off for you." He kisses me again and pulls on his robes. I take his hand and we walk back to the castle for our first class.