Chapter Fifty-Three: The Second Coming

The older students file into the Hall as all of the professors take their spot at the staff table. The murmurs and whispers buzz around my head like a swarm of bees and I am overwhelmed with emotion. Fred sets the Sorting Hat onto the stool and places the roll of parchment containing all of the first year's names on the floor next to it.

George pats my back and sits down with Fred. Draco stays behind.

DM: Ready?

Me: Do I have a choice?

DM: It's a bit late to back down so...no. Sorry.

I let out a long sigh and he laughs.

DM: You always got so nervous before doing something big. You used to turn those nerves into comedy. You've got this, okay?

Me: Okay. Let's do it.

He follows the lead of George as I walk through the rows of tables to the back doors. I walk through the twisting hallways down the entrance of the school. With a flick of my wand, the doors swish open. 

The first years freeze.

Me: Hello everyone. I am Headmistress Weasley and I will be directing you into the Great Hall where you will be Sorted into your Hogwarts House. Is everyone ready?

A young girl walks to the front of the group, her nose violently bleeding.

Me: Oh dear, Milonee. What happened?

MP: I fell on my way out of the carriage.

Me: Well, Madame Pomfrey?

Madame Pomfrey appears behind me suddenly.

"Yes? Oh my. Come with me now dear."

Milonee follows Madame Pomfrey into Hogwarts and disappears down a hallway.

Me: Does anyone else have a problem that needs to be addressed?

A boy in the back raises his hand.

Me: Yes?

"Uh, do I still call you godmother or...?

Me: Galileo Longbottom-Lovegood, you can call me Headmistress, Auntie, Godmother, Mrs Weasley, or Headmistress Weasley. That goes for pretty much anyone else, except the Auntie part, of course. Understood.

There are many words of agreement.

"Could we help out?"

I turn around to see Figo and Freddie behind me.

Me: Sure boys. Stand at the back of the group and make sure there are no stragglers. Thank you. Everyone follow me.

I lead all of the students through the winding halls and to the large wooden doors of the Great Hall. 

Me: Ready? Okay.

I whip the doors open and walk all of the kids inside the room. The other students scream and cheer for the new students. I watch as their eyes widen and they frantically whisper to each other. A huge smile crosses my face as I remember those days. 

I hold my hand up to stop the students as I pick up the scroll and nudge the Sorting Hat.

Me: Hello Hogwarts students, new and old. I am pleased to announce that this is my first Sorting since my own many years ago. If you are new here, you do not know how the Sorting works. I will explain. Each year new students come to Hogwarts and they are sorted into one of four Houses based on what the Sorting Hat thinks. These Houses include Hufflepuff,

WOOOOO!

Me: Ravenclaw,

YEA!

Me: Gryffindor,