Chapter Fifty-Five: The Business

My eyes snap open and I sit up in my bed. The dark green satin of my sheets closes around my fingers while I adjust my body. I pull open the curtains on my four-poster bed, letting the morning sun burn my eyes with its bright rays. The instant I groan about the awful weather, it begins to rain and the sky suddenly becomes dark. Yes!

I pass by the mirror in my pyjamas and observe my sixteen-year-old body. I pick up a pair of socks off the floor and slip them on. After rummaging through my drawers, I find a suitable outfit. 

I tuck my wand in my pocket

I tuck my wand in my pocket. I leave my room and head down the stairs where I am stopped.

"Hey y/n!"

Me: Pansy, honestly, can we not today?

I walk out of the girl's dormitories to the main Slytherin common room.

"y/n."

I feel a hand on my waist. I am turned around to stare into his celadon eyes.

Me: Draco, tell me, what year are we in?

DM: 1995.

Me: No, the school year.

DM: Uh, fifth.

Me: Are we dating?

A grin flashes across his face.

DM: Uh...we haven't really labelled it but if you wanted to...

Me: Hmm...no.

DM: I knew you'd say that. You never liked labels. We won't stop "hanging out" though, right?

Me: Right. So this is an open "relationship?"

DM: Yeah.

Me: Great. See you later.

DM: It's noon on a Friday and you just got up.

Me: They cancelled classes. I deserved to sleep in. What's the date?

DM: September 20th. Are you feeling alright?

Me: Yes, I'm fine. Thank you.

DM: You're welcome.

Me: Later!

I walk out of the Slytherin common room up from the dungeons and to the Gryffindor common room.

"Password?"

Me: Romulus and Remus.

"Thank you."

The Fat Lady portrait swings open and I walk into the almost empty area. I stop when I see a flash of ginger hair in the corner.

"Oi, y/n, what's up?"

Me: Nothing, Ronald, where are the twins?

RW: Uh, I'm not supposed to say.

Me: Wha--why not?