Chapter Forty-Four: The Song of the Stars

Aurora makes her way down to the garden, the light od the moon shining through the clouds. She finds the alley between Hogwarts and the first greenhouse and presses a stone in the wall. The barricade opens to reveal the garden, now lined with unlit candles. As Aurora passes the candles, they illuminate the path imitating the moon. 

She sees a flash of black hair, something she doesn't see too often. She's grabbed at the waist and turned around to see Teddy. His hair quickly changes to pink. 

TL: Hello, my love.

He plants a quick peck on her lips.

AM: I'm going to need a mood chart for your hair. 

TL: Seriously?

AM: Yeah, it's a bit confusing. 

TL: Understood. I'll write one up as soon as we get in the house.

He helps her through the window of the house. The crackling of the fire fills the air and warms their skin. He pulls out the bench of the piano and starts writing down the chart for Aurora. She smiles as he taps his foot behind him. The quill scratches across the paper, leaving trails of words behind. He finishes the list and hands it to her, going to the piano. He begins to sing and play, his hair changing to light grey. 

She walks around the room as he sings, absorbing every word he says.

I try to give a party and the guy upstairs complains. I guess I'll go through life just catching colds and missing trains. Everything happens to me.

She tidies up some of the papers on the floor, stacking them on top of a pile of books in the corner.

 And every time I lay an ace, my partner always trumps. I guess I'm just a fool who never looks before he jumps. Oh, everything happens to me.

She looks at the list, sitting next to him.

Teddy Hair Code

Purple- Mystery, Curiosity

Pink- Love, Tenderness, Compassion

White- Hope

Green- Embarrassment 

Blue- Content

Red- Anger

Black- Serious, Scared, Nervous

Light Grey- Trust

Light/faded Blue- Sad

She stares at the back of his hair, the different colours of grey sprinkled throughout.

Woah, I've telegraphed and phoned, I send an "Airmail Special" too. Your answer was "Goodbye." And there was even postage due I fell in love just once And then it had to be with you. Everything happens to me.