Chapter Two: The Welcome Feast

The carriage arrives at the castle. The grand, towering Hogwarts castle. The large doors stand in front of me as they have four times before. It's already dark and I'm famished. Oh, how I want some of that delicious roast chicken. The house-elves really know how to make a killer chicken. 

DM: Did you get your Hogsmeade slip signed?

Me: Yeah of course. Hogsmeade is my favorite. 

DM: So...I've heard another Weasley is coming to Hogwarts.

Me: Wait, really?

DM: No.

Me: Oh my god Malfoy. Even I know there are only nine putrid Weasleys.

DM: Finally agreeing that the Weasleys are putrid?

Me: Shut it.

DM: Ma---

Me: "I'm going to stop you right there." With that, the doors open, and the second year, then the third years walk in. Then goes the fourth years and us, the fifth years. Then the sixth and seventh years. The Hall is lit with floating candles and firey torches, just like every year. Dumbledore stands at the front of the Hall at a podium. 

"Hello students, the sorting ceremony is about to commence!" We all sit down at our respective house tables as Professor McGonagall brings in the first years. The sorting hat is placed on its stool and the first name is called. "Abbe, Angela." The brown-haired, tall girl walks up to the stool and sits. The hat is placed on her head. HUFFLEPUFF! 

Me: Remember when we were getting sorted Malfoy?

DM: Like it was yesterday.

Me: I mean the hat didn't even touch your head!

DM: It wasn't on your head for more than a second.

Me: You were so young.

DM: Yeah, we are. We still are.

Me: And yet, we aren't.

DM: Wow. What a poet move.

  Me: Thank you.

RAVENCLAW! GRYFFINDOR! RAVENCLAW! HUFFLEPUFF! GRYFFINDOR! SLYTHERIN!

Me: "Finally!" I say through claps and cheers. A young, brown-haired boy whose name is Reed Riddle joins the table. Strange name. "They're going out of alphabetical order this year. Weird."

HUFFLEPUFF! HUFFLEPUFF! Four more left and we can eat. SLYTHERIN! A blonde, curly-haired girl named Brittany Tomlinson joins the table next to Reed Riddle. RAVENCLAW! One more. SLYTHERIN! Lois Beck, a skinny black-haired boy with mocha skin joins the table next to the others. Beck. Where have I heard that name before? The name Noah comes to mind. Nah. I have no idea. The food appears on our plates and my focus is no longer on the newbies. 

Me: "Yes! Oh my god! Food!" I grab two bread rolls, one chicken thigh, and a heaping spoonful of roasted potatoes. I scarf down the chicken and rolls within five minutes. 

DM: Slow down. You're going to die.

Me: No, I'm not. I'm just not going to starve.

DM: "Whatever." He says as he drinks from his glass. He's only eaten a roll and has a tiny chicken wing on his plate.

Me: Not hungry?

DM: No, I am. I'm just thinking.

Me: Eat and think.

DM: "Fine." He puts a roll, some soup, and a turkey leg on his plate, "Better?"

Me: "Yep. Now eat them." He does. Dessert appears next. The table is filled with lots of delicious cookies and cakes, and pastries and puddings. I personally choose the apple pie topped with magic whipped cream (makes sure there enough whipped cream for every bite.) Malfoy chooses a slice of treacle tart.