Chapter Nine: Christmas Eve at the Malfoy Manor

CHAPTER NINE: CHRISTMAS EVE AT THE MALFOYS

Today is the twenty-fourth of December. Christmas eve, the day before the Yule Ball. I wake up alone with a note in Malfoy's spot.

Dear Y/N,

I'll be back shortly. I've gone to fetch some breakfast and to get you a Christmas Eve surprise.

Draco Malfoy

He's so sweet. I fold up the letter and put it on my nightstand. I roll over on my side and fall back asleep. I am awoken by a loud crash. I snap my eyes open to see Malfoy carrying one plate and looking down at the floor. He sets the unbroken plate on the table and pulls out his wand. He points it at the smashed plate, "Repairo!" The plate flies back together, he picks it up and sets it on the table with the other one.

Me: Smooth.

DM: "I'm so sorry about that lovely," he comes over and kisses me, "Out of bed then."

Me: I don't want to.

DM: But the food will get cold. I made you some drop scones.

Me: Ooo really?

DM: Yeah. I have some hazelnut spread too. And, get this, potatoes.

Me: "Yummy," I hop out of bed and we begin to eat breakfast, "This is really good," I say through a mouthful of drop scones.

DM: "Good," He kisses my forehead, "finish up. I have to run home today but I'll be back before you wake up in the morning."

Me: Why?

DM: I have to help my father with something.

Me: What?

DM: You're a nosy little one aren't you?

Me: Yes, I am. Can I come?

DM: "Uh..I'm not sure," there is a tapping on the window, "Your owl gets quite annoying sometimes."

Me: "Salem is not better." Salem is Malfoys black cat. Pure black with emerald green eyes. She tends to stay in Malfoys old dorm with Crabbe. She often wanders the common room at night and is constantly under everyone's feet. He shakes his head.

DM: "Salem doesn't come flying into my window at breakfast." He walks over to the window and lets Screech in. She has a not wrapped around her feet.

DM: Who might that be from?

Me: The last person I wrote to was your mother.

DM: My mother?

Me: Yes.

DM: Why?

Me: "Because I can." I unwrap the letter and throw Screech a treat.

Y/N,

I am so glad to hear that Draco asked you to the ball. He writes about you quite often and seems to be very fond of you. Sorry to be replying to this a bit late, I've been very busy. Mr Malfoy and I are doing well. I hope you are as well. Would you like to accompany Draco to our home tonight? He insisted on staying all of Christmas with you so we are celebrating early tonight.

Hope to see you soon,

Narcissa Malfoy

DM: "Want to accompany Draco to our home tonight?" He says mimicking his mother's voice.

Me: I'd be delighted.

DM: great. We Malfoys tend to dress formally so you may want to do that.

Me: I can do that.