Chapter Six: Singing in the Rain

When we get to Malfoys dorm, I check to make sure no one is there. I don't want a repeat of what happened yesterday. Today's the Ninth of December, one of the many Hogsmeade days. Malfoy grabs some clothes from his trunk and goes into the bathroom to change. He comes out in a light green Nike crewneck, light blue jeans, white socks, and black converse.
Me: You've never worn anything like this before. I like it.
DM: "You do?" 🥺 "I just wanted to try something different and I really liked this one."
Me: "I love it." I get up and give him a kiss on the cheek. He does one of those show off my outfit turns and I laugh. "That makes me want to dress differently for once too."
DM: "Then do." He grabs my hand and we go back to my dorm. When we enter the dorm, I rummage through my clothes trying to find a cute outfit for Hogsmeade in the middle of Winter. I decide on a red jumper, light blue mom jeans, white Nike socks, and cherry red converse. I put my wavy hair back with a red ribbon.
I walk out of the bathroom with it on and Malfoy gasps.😯
DM: "Red looks so good on you" ☺. I come over and give him a hug and a kiss. "It looks so good, I can't even." I replicate the spin he did earlier and he smiles. "I love it, darling." 🥰 I grab my bag and shove some money into it. Malfoy grabs my hand and we walk out of the room. Everyone is gathered in the courtyard, so we head there.
IN THE COURTYARD
We walk down the stairs into the courtyard where Professor McGonagall is collecting Hogsmeade slips. Malfoy and I hand ours to her and I notice Fred and George making a snowman in the corner of the courtyard. Malfoy looks at me and makes me shift my gaze.
DM: Oi. Don't look at him.
Me: Don't even start acting like that, ok? I was just watching them build a snowman.
DM: ok. sorry.
Me: It's fine. Don't be overprotective like that though. I only have eyes for you.
DM: "Same here, love." He pulls me in and kisses me. Professor McGonagall taps him on the shoulder.
McGonagall: "We're not going to do that, Mr. Malfoy." I turn red and Malfoy nods. She walks away and we both laugh. I can see her shaking her head as she goes to talk to Potter. She turns to face everyone.
McGonagall: "EVERYONE READY?" She yells into the courtyard. I nod and there's a lot of yes's around me. "LET'S GO THEN, SHALL WE?" We begin the walk to Hogsmeade. He makes sure we stay at the back of the group so we can talk.
DM: "What do you want to do today?" He says swinging our hands together.
Me: "I want to go to Honeyduke's and Three Broomsticks for sure. Maybe Zonko's? I'm not entirely sure yet."
DM: "Sounds good to me, love." He kisses my cheek and we walk in silence the rest of the time.
AT HOGSMEADE
Malfoy grabs my hand and pulls me towards Honeydukes.
DM: "Let's go in here first," He opens the door and motions for me to go first, "After you, my love."
Me: "Why, thank you, good sir." He laughs and we enter Honeydukes. I pull him towards the sugar quills and he points out some Fizzing Whizzbees.
DM: "We're getting these. I love them." He shoves some into my bag.
Me: "We have to pay for them." I say and pull them out of my bag.
DM: Well, yeah, I was just putting them in there so you didn't have to hold them.
Me: Sure, Malfoy. Sure.
DM: "I promise I was."
Me: Pinky promise?
DM: "Pinky promise." He plants a kiss on my forehead. We add some sugar-spun quills, toffee, chocolates, Every Flavour Beans, Pepper Imps, and exploding bonbons into my bag, pay, and leave.
DM: "Shall we head to Zonko's or Three Broomsticks first?" He says as we walk out of the door. Potter, Granger, and Weasley(Ron) walk behind us and I overhear Ron say, "Let's head to Zonkos!" I look at Malfoy.
Me: "Not Zonko's." He laughs and we walk over to Three Broomsticks. The owner yells to Malfoy from behind the counter. "Oi! Malfoy! Good to see you!" Malfoy nods and finds us a table to sit at. He orders us two butterbeers. We sit and eat some Fizzing Whizzbees and toffees. The sounds of glasses clinking and people talking fill my ears. The two of us sit in silence. Malfoy looks up at me suddenly.
DM: Where do you see yourself in five years?
Me: "What?" I'm confused by the sudden wonder and question.
DM: "Where do you see yourself in five years?" He repeats and looks up at me expectantly.
Me: Uh. I'm not sure. Let me think...Why don't you answer first so I have some ideas?
DM: "Oh, uh, alright," He looks down at his hands and starts fiddling with his rings, "I want to move somewhere peaceful, like how Malfoy Manor was when I was small. It was so quiet and calm. No yelling, no stress, no school, no struggles. I wasn't afraid of anything but the dark and bugs. Now, I'm afraid of my father, what he thinks of me, what other people think of me, failing school, losing you..." He pauses and looks up at me. "Let's go and I'll tell you the rest in a bit." I sigh and we walk out of the Three Broomsticks down to the Shrieking Shack.
Me: You want to go in there?
DM: Yeah. It's actually really nice, I read here sometimes.
Me: You do?
DM: "Yeah. I do." He grabs my wrist and pulls me through the entrance. I look around and notice the layers of dust settled over everything inside. Malfoy pulls me over to a couch in the corner of the room and asks if he can continue from earlier.
I nod and he continues.
DM: "I'm afraid of big things now. I'm not a child anymore, at least not like I was. I miss being small, I miss being innocent. I remember this one time, I was over at a friend's house when I was little and she put clips in my hair. I sat there with the clips in my hair and decided to grab the closest book nearby. It was called getting even...No. The Art of Getting Even. I couldn't read yet so I just stared at the pages and her mom snapped a picture. I look back at that picture and realize how much better life was then.
"I just want to have a life where I feel like that again. I want to have a simple, lovely life again. With you. Somewhere isolated and cozy. Kinda like this moment." He pulls me closer to him and pushes my hair behind my ear. He kisses me and continues, "I...I'm sorry if that was too much."
Me: "It was lovely and now I have nothing to say." I give him a big hug.
DM: "We need to get back, McGill will be upset if we're late." He helps me up off of the seat and we head back to main Hogsmeade. When we reach Hogsmeade, we join the group and walk back to Hogwarts. I realize we didn't go to Zonko's but spending time, alone, with Malfoy was wonderful. The whole walk back, the two of us say nothing. We just bask in each other's company and a smile sweeps across his face.
Me: What?
DM: Nothing.
Me: Alright.
BACK AT HOGWARTS
Once we reach the courtyard again, Professor McGonagall tells us we have the rest of the afternoon to ourselves. Malfoy turns to me as the courtyard empties.
DM: "What do you want to do for the rest of this lovely day?" He looks at me expectantly.
Me: "I'm not sure. I have nothing in mind but you're right, the weather is gorgeous." As I say that, dark clouds fill the sky, the rest of the lingering students run inside as rain begins to pound on their heads. Malfoy begins to pull me inside but I resist.
DM: You're going to get soaked. Come on.
Me: No. This is what I want to do. I want you to take me to the quidditch field in the rain. They'll cancel practice anyway.
DM: Are you sure?
Me: "Yes." He picks me up bride style and runs with me to the quidditch field. I jump off of his back and he pulls me back in for a kiss.
DM: I love rain.
Me: Me too.
DM: "Dance with me?" He grabs my hand and I nod my head.
***A/N: Listen to In Case You Don't Live Forever by Ben Platt***
Malfoy begins to sing to me while he grabs me by the waist and dances with me. He looks down at me and pushes my hair behind my ear. I lay my head in his hand. I take my hand and ruffle his hair causing him to laugh.
DM: 🎶You put all your faith in my dreams, you gave me the world that I wanted. What did I do to deserve you?🎶
Me: 🎶I follow your steps with my feet, I walk on the road that you started. I need you to know that I heard you, every word🎶
DM: 🎶I've waited way too long to say everything you mean to me. In case you don't live forever let me tell you now. I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around. 🎶
Me: 🎶In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth, I'm everything that I am because of you🎶 He twirls me around and when I come back I hug closer to him. I lay my head on his chest. His steady heartbeat pounding in my ears as we sing.
DM: 🎶I, I've carried this song in my mind, listen, it's echoing in me but I haven't helped you to hear it. We, we've only got so much time. I'm pretty sure it would kill me if you didn't know that pieces of me are pieces of you🎶
Me: 🎶I've waited way too long to say everything you mean to me. In case you don't live forever let me tell you now. I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around. in case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth, I'm everything that I am because of you🎶
DM: 🎶I have a hero whenever I need one🎶
Me: 🎶I just look up to you and I see one🎶
DM: 🎶I'm a man cause you taught me to be one🎶 He hits the high note and I feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes. 🎶In case you don't live forever let me tell you now, I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around. In case you don't live forever, let me tell the truth, I'm everything that I am, wooooooooooaaaaaaahhh🎶
Both: 🎶wooooooOoOOooaahhh🎶
Me: 🎶In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth, as long as I'm here as I am, so are you🎶 He pulls my face up to his and kisses me. Rain running down our faces and our hands entwined. He kisses me again and his wet hair covers my face. He notices me looking at his hair and he decides to shake it out like a dog. I screech and giggle.
Me: "DRACO!!!" He pulls me back in and breathes his icy cold breath into my face.
DM: "WhAt?" He laughs and kisses my forehead. The rain calms down and turns into a gentle sprinkle. "We've got to do this again, Y/N."
Me: "We will." He runs across the field with me trailing not far behind. He stops once he reaches a goal post and I jump into his arms when I reach him. He stumbles backward and falls to the ground. I land next to him and he laughs.
DM: "Wanna try that again?" I jump up into his arms and he spins around planting a firm kiss on my lips. I pull away and look into his celadon eyes. He smirks and re-adjusts his hands so I don't fall.
Me: "Draco?" He looks up at me lovingly.
DM: "What is it darling?" I run my hands through his dripping wet hair and put my arms around his neck.
Me: "I think.....I think I...love you?"
DM: "Is that a question?"
Me: "No...I love you Draco Malfoy."
DM: "You have no idea how long I've waited for that...I love you too Y/N. So much." He pushes me up against the goalpost and kisses me. I once again run my hands through his sopping hair and he smiles through the kisses. His tongue fights with mine and he lightly moans. Never heard him do that before...He pins me harder to the goalpost and I start to laugh.

DM: What?

Me: Nothing. Don't stop.

DM: "As you wish Princess." He slams his mouth back into mine. Thoughts fill my head. I love him. I really do. I never want this moment to end but we have to head back...I brush my thumb against his cheek lovingly and he stops.
Me: "We've got to head back." I say jumping out of his arms and beginning to walk away. Malfoy walks in front of me and stops. I am forced to stop as well. "What?"
DM: "I don't want to go back yet." He kisses me again. I push him away.
Me: Draco, we can go back to my room and talk about what just happened.
DM: "Yeah? ok. sounds good to me." We walk back together, hand in hand.