Chapter Seven: Sorry Sobbing

BACK AT MY DORM
Malfoy has moved all of his clothes into my room and made himself st home. He decides to shower after our grand rain endeavor. He comes out in his pajamas, looking nice and cozy.
Me: Are those my socks?
DM: Uh...yes. They're comfy.
Me: But they're mine, Malfoy.
DM: "That doesn't make a difference," He laughs. I pick up my clothes and walk into the bathroom. "Hurry up so we can cuddle or do your homework." I change as quickly as possible and show off my new pajamas to Malfoy. The pajamas have a green satin tank top and matching pants.
DM: "Oooooo pretty." 😍 He pulls me up onto his lap on the bed and kisses me.
Me: I'm exhausted.
DM: And your hair is still wet.
Me: And you're still a pain
DM: And you're still my girlfriend
Me: True. Why is that?
DM: You must really love me or something.
Me: "Ah. That sounds about right." I kiss him again. He stands up with me still in his arms. He lifts me out of his arms and throws me onto my bed. "Oh my Merlin, Malfoy! What are you doing?" He just laughs.
DM: You should have seen your face. Ahh, it was so funny. You were like 🥰🤨😐😮😲😳😡🥺😮😑." He makes all of those faces and continues laughing. I roll over off of my now sore back.
Me: "That hurt though." He leaps into bed next to me and lands in a spiderman pose. "Really? Why are you so weird?" He smirks.
DM: You love it.
Me: I do.
DM: "Good. Now," He puts his hand out, opening and closing it as if asking for something.
Me: What? What do you want?
DM: kisses. please.
Me: "Really?" I laugh, "Alright." I scoot over to him and he quickly grabs the back of my neck and slams my mouth into his. I can't help but gasp at this affectionate aggression. I pull him on top of me as we kiss. He smiles through the kisses and starts to laugh.
Me: "What?" I giggle, "What?"
DM: Ahah nothing, nothing.
Me: Malfoy? Come on.
DM: Haha just, I realized something.
Me: "Yeah? What would that be?" He sits up next to me and suddenly his face turns into a deep focus.
DM: "Remember the story? From the train?" I nod my head, "What did I say about the story? What did t make me realize?"
Me: You'd never felt love before.
DM: "Right. you're right " His face softens again and I can see the adoration and affection in his eyes, "I realized something now, here with you."
Me: And that would be?
DM: "I feel love. With you," A tear falls down my cheek and his eyes begin to water. He wipes the tear off my cheek and pushes a lock of hair behind my ear. "I love you so much. You have no idea." He kisses my cheek as another tear falls. I seem to notice small things about him every day. He's forever changing. I now notice he has a small scar near his ear. I place my hand on it.
Me: "How'd you get this scar?" He places his hand on mine over the scar.
DM: Potter.
Me: Excuse me?
DM: It was Potter. He likes to attack me. Remember when I told you I had a quidditch injury and had to stay with Madam Pomfrey for the night?
Me: Yeah. What about it?
DM: It wasn't quidditch. Potter attacked me after practice because he saw me kiss you. He broke my arm and this small scar is from him throwing a bludger at me.
Me: He just threw it at you? He broke your arm? Why have you never told me this?
DM: It wasn't important. He's temperamental and he apparently likes you.
Me: I should punch him in the face.
DM: First of all, no because he would probably enjoy it.
Me: Kinky.
DM: "Oh, merlins beard. No." I laugh and he kisses me again. "You really replied with kinky." He begins to laugh too.
Me: I did ahah.
DM: Where were we?
Me: Potter?
DM: No. Before that.
Me: oh. You felt love.
DM: "I feel love." He kisses me and pulls me on him this time.
Me: "I love you too. I don't know what I'd do without you." I kiss him again and he pulls away. He laughs.
DM: "Maybe date Potter." I slap his shoulder and shake my head.
Me: "No!"
DM: "suuuuuuurre." He continues to kiss me still laughing. He stops and begins to pull at my hair. "I love your hair. It always smells so nice. Kinda like smoke, like a bonfire maybe, and the forest. All the trees and the damp leaves.
Me: That's strange.
DM: What?
Me: Leaves?
DM: "Yeah you smell like leaves." He laughs.
Me: Thanks...
DM: "You're very welcome." He says as he plants a kiss on my head. I shut off the lights and Malfoy snuggles into me. "mmm. comfy."
Me: Weirdo. You are so weird.
DM: "No. I'm comfy." He nibbles at the back of my ear.
Me: why are you... my ear? so strange.
DM: "You love it." He switches to kissing my neck.
Me: "That's better. That's normal, not weird like nibbling my ear." I start laughing and Malfoy stops. The tension couldn't be cut by the sharpest knife. He's just laying there, breathing on my neck. I pull him to my chest and begins stroking his hair. He wraps his arms around me and I can hear his breath get choppy. I feel tears on my shirt. He sniffles and cries.
Me: "Hey. Hey. What's the matter? What's wrong?" He just pulls me in closer and shakes his head. I continue playing with his hair and he looks up into my eyes. His own have become red and puffy, the silver and celadon shining through brighter than it has before. "It's alright. You can tell me." He opens his mouth to speak but seems to have trouble. "Breathe, Draco. It's alright." I hug him back into my chest. He begins to speak through sniffs and sobs,
DM: "You make me so happy. I don't know what I would do without you. I love you so much. What would I do if I lost you? I'd probably kill myself. You're my whole world. Nothing makes me happy, except you. I love you." He wipes his eyes and I kiss his hair. His breathing slowly returns back to normal and the sniffling calms down.
Me: "I love you too. So much Malfoy. I can't relate to half of the things you feel. I have loving parents, I have no idea how it feels to try and impress them. To have to act tough and scary just for approval. I love you like this Malfoy. Vulnerable and true. This is who you are. This is the side of you I fell in love with."
DM: Did I ever scare you?
Me: Yeah. Once. Remember when you messed with the Hippogriff?
DM: OK that's enough.
Me: or maybe when Moody made you a ferret.
DM: Stop. That's enough.
Me: "But honestly, you've only scared me once. Remember when we were learning about Boggarts?" He nods his head. "You went before me because I wanted to be last. When you faced the Boggart, it turned into your father. You couldn't think of anything funny and Lupin was waiting for you to cast the spell. You just stood there frozen as your father gave you disapproving looks and then he started yelling at you. How you were a disappointment and how you would never be anything. I teared up and I could see you turn red. You looked so scared and broken. You ran out of the classroom and I was so nervous because I didn't know where you going. When I ran out after you and saw you running up toward the astrology tower, I felt my heart drop. I've never run faster in my life. You were just standing in the window, looking over the edge when I reached you. You saw me and gasped. I ran over and forced you to come down. You fought me and even yelled. You told me I shouldn't have followed you. I..." I start crying and can't finish.
DM: "You yelled back at me. You told me that I shouldn't be afraid of the truth. You told me that fears make us who we are. I remember so clearly. I said I'd rather die than live with the fact that everyone is afraid of me, and they know my biggest fear is my own father. Then you--then you kissed me. You slammed your mouth into mine and we just kissed. We just stood there and kissed. I was in too much shock to stop." I nod my head.
Me: Me too.
DM: "Y/N. I might not be alive if it weren't for you. I love you so much, darling. When you pulled away from that kiss and slapped me, I knew I wanted to be with you. You were my balance. You helped me realize that I needed to talk to someone. I needed to express my feelings and tell someone what was going on. My father still terrifies me, but you, you make me happy. It balances out. Perfectly." He wipes a tear from his face. I'm ugly crying at this point and Malfoy looks at me. He feels me heaving and gasping for air and he begins to sob again. We sit, crying, together for what felt like forever. I eventually stop crying but Malfoy hasn't stopped. Every time I think he will, it gets worse. He obviously hit a very vulnerable spot tonight and he's letting it all out. He calms down. I run my fingers through his hair and he begins to sing to me.
**A/N: Listen to Perfect by Ed Sheeran**
DM: 🎶I found a love, for me. Darling, just dive right in, follow my lead. I found a girl, beautiful and sweet, I never knew you were that someone waiting for me. Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time. Darling just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own, and in your eyes, you're holding mine. Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath, but you heard it, darling you look perfect tonight. Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know. She shares my dreams and I hope that one day I'll share her home. I found a lover, to carry more than just my secrets. To carry love, to carry children of own🎶
Me: 🎶We are still kids but we're so in love, fighting against all odds. I know we'll be alright this time. Darling just hold my hand🎶
DM: 🎶Be my girl, I'll be your man. I've seen a future in your eyes. Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful, I don't deserve this, darling you look perfect tonight. Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. I have faith in what I see, I know I have met an angel in person, and she looks perfect, I don't deserve this, darling you look perfect tonight🎶 He hugs me as tightly as he can and snuggles back against my chest. I soon feel him fall asleep and I know that I soon. I stare down at him and admire his silver-blonde hair in the moonlight. My beautiful boy. My Malfoy.
THE NEXT MORNING
I roll over onto my side and feel Malfoy sitting up next to me.
DM: Mornin love. How'd you sleep?
Me: Quite well. How about you?
DM: Fantastic. We have detention at 3 tonight.
Me: How wonderful.
DM: "I have a question." He looks at me hopefully and I nod.
Me: What is it then?
DM: It's nothing big but what do you want for Christmas?
Me: Oh. I'm not sure. What should I get you?
DM: "Oh. I'm not sure." He says mocking me and then laughs.
Me: Ha. Ha. very funny... I'm hungry. Breakfast?
DM: Yeah. I gotta get dressed first.
Me: "Yeah same." He takes off his shirt. "Woah. Not in front of me."
DM: I'm sorry. I assumed that I'd be ok to change in front of my girlfriend.
Me: "Nope." I start laughing, grab my clothes, and walk to the bathroom. When I come back out, Malfoy is in black dress pants with a black turtleneck and a black blazer. Lot's of black.
Me: Oh. I like that on you.
DM: "What about yourself? You look, good girl." I'm in a black button-up shirt with a brown plaid skirt and black tights. I slip on a pair of black ankle boots.
Me: Why thank you, Malfoy. Shall we go to breakfast?
DM: "We shall." He grabs my hand and we walk down to breakfast.
AFTER BREAKFAST
DM: That was good. We have detention in about 5 hours.
Me: What should we do?
DM: We could go back to the common room and figure it out.
Me: "Sounds like a plan." As we leave the Great Hall, The Golden Trio come up behind us. Potter is walking backward and bumps into Malfoy.
DM: Watch it, Potter!
HP: I'm not afraid of you Malfoy!
DM: You should be.
HP: I've beaten you in every fight we've ever had Malfoy. I'm not afraid.
Me: "You should be. You may not be afraid of him, but you should be afraid of me. Remember, I broke Pansy's nose. I broke Blaise. I'll break you too. Don't mess with us, Potter." Granger looks impressed, Weasley is blushing and looking worried, and Potter is taken aback. His face turns bright red and embarrassment strikes his eyes. "The Dark Lord may not have killed you, but I will." I whip out my wand and he backs up. Granger grabs Weasley's hand and the three of them run off.
DM: "Granger and Weaselbee are together. How fun." He turns to me, "Stop threatening people, it's hot."
Me: You're sending mixed signals.
DM: It's hot but you have to stop doing it.
Me: "I'll try." I grab his hand and he walks me back to the common room. In the common room, Pansy and her gang are sitting by the fire as always. Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle are sitting at the table playing wizard chess.
Me: I'm kinda tired still. Can we go take a nap?
DM: "Of course we can, love." We get back to my room and I kick off my shoes followed by my socks. Malfoy does the same. He shuts the curtains and I snuggle up next to him in bed. I lay on top of his lifting my leg above his slightly. He strokes my hair and hums to me. I listen to him humming over his heartbeat for a few minutes before I fall asleep.
There's a crumbling castle behind me. I've been here before but when? I feel a freezing breeze pass over my body and I see Malfoy across the giant courtyard I am standing in. "Draco!? Where are we?" He doesn't seem to hear me. He is staring at an unfamiliar man in the middle of the courtyard. Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy are standing next to me. Narcissa fixes her hair and yells, "Draco. Come here." Draco looks around and faces Hagrid who is by the entrance of the courtyard. I notice a boy in Hagrids large arms. I recognize him as Harry Potter. He seems unconscious. He seems...dead. The unfamiliar man is pale and seems to have no nose. His eyes are like a snake and his presence is chilling. He faces Draco. "Draco! Join your family, boy!" Lucius yells over to Draco. Draco's lip is trembling and he hesitates to move but eventually does. He very slowly walks across the courtyard to this side and is stopped by the unfamiliar man. He pulls Draco into an awkward side hug. He lets go and Malfoy comes to join his parents. He is standing right in front of me now. I touch his shoulder but he doesn't feel it. I hear a thump over from the entrance. Harry Potter is now on the ground and there are gasps coming from both sides of the courtyard. "What's going on? Draco?" He starts running across the courtyard. Draco yells, "Potter!" and throws him his wand. The pale man yells, "AVADA KEDAVRA!" And a blinding green beam shoots at Draco. He slumps to the ground, unmoving. Lucius gasps and shakes his head. Narcissa screams, "MY BOY! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" Tears run down my face and I run to Draco. I shake him and hold his face. "Don't leave me Draco. Please. Please. Don't go. I need you Malfoy. Please breathe. Please move. Anything. PLEASE! DRACO! PLEASE! PLEase. please." I kiss his cold forehead and lay my head on his chest. no heartbeat. "I love you."
I jerk awake screaming, "PLEASE!"
Malfoy sits up quickly.
DM: "What? What's wrong?" I pull him into a tight hug.
Me: I had a nightmare. It's ok now. I'm fine.
DM: "Tell me what happened. Was it me?" I nod. He kisses my forehead. "I'm right here. I'm safe. I love you."
Me: I love you too.
DM: "We have detention in an hour. Wanna go grab something to eat?" I nod again and he picks me up out of the bed. I giggle and he pulls me onto his back. He runs out of the door, down to the kitchens. We eat rotisserie chicken, pudding, and soup. We wash late lunch down with pumpkin juice.
DM: We have 10 minutes to walk to the dungeons to Snape.
Me: "yay." I say rolling my eyes. He takes my hand and we walk out of the kitchens. We pass the great hall and the moving staircases.
DM: Want to go on a date after detention?
Me: A date?
DM: Yeah.
Me: Where?
DM: The forbidden forest.
Me: But it's forbidden.
DM: "Hasn't stopped us before." He winks at me. I laugh.
Me: Yeah. Alright.
DM: OK then. It's a date. Meet me by the tree at 7. Dress nice, like a dress if you want. You know which tree right?
Me: "Yeah. The big one with the tangly roots. The ok one we kissed by when we skipped potions that one time." I laugh, "Snape was not happy." He smiles. We reach the doors to Snape's classroom. The doors open in front of us and there stands Professor Snape.
Snape: "Mr. Malfoy. Y/N. Sit in your respective seats from class. Normally, I should not let you sit next to each other or talk, but I don't care about what I should and should not do."
Me: Thank you, godfather.
Snape: "You're welcome, Y/N." We walk past Snape to our seats. Malfoy pulls ink and parchment off of a nearby desk. He sits down with them and curses.
DM: I forgot the quills.
Me: "Snape has some." I point to his desk. Snape's head pops up and he nods. "Accio quills." Two quills come flying to me and I give one to Malfoy.
DM: That's a lot easier than me walking around the classroom.
Me: Yeah. You're a wizard Draco. You can do this too.
DM: "Didn't even consider it." He laughs. Snape clears his throat.
Snape: I'm leaving this classroom and not coming back until 5. I can't stand your meaningless conversations.
Me: Thanks for letting us know. See you later Snape.
Snape: "Indeed." He leaves the classroom locking the doors behind him.
Me: We can't leave.
DM: You're stuck with me.
Me: "That's not so bad." I pull his chair back and sit down on his lap facing him. I pull his face to mine and kiss him. I pull away but he pushes my face back into his. I gasp at the aggression. His cold hands grip the back of my head as I place one hand on his chest and one on the side of his neck. He bites my lip and I gasp again. He laughs and starts kissing down my neck. His cold breath giving me goosebumps. He gently pulls my hair and his rings rub against my scalp. I pull his face back up to mine and stare into his eyes. He leans back in for a kiss but I stop him. He stares into my eyes, wanting, and adoration. I stare into the celadon and silver swirls that are his eyes snd smile. I kiss him along his jawline and whisper in his ear. "Scared, Malfoy?" I can feel him smirk and I feel one of his cold hands gently grasp my neck. He scoffs, "Scared? Me? Not of you. Never of you." He removes his hand and pulls me back in for another kiss. I pull away and brush some of his silver-blonde hair out of his eyes. I put my hand by his ear. My thumb the only finger in front of it, the rest behind. I stroke his cheek and kiss it, "I love you Draco." He smiles and gives me a love-filled hug.
DM: "I love you more." His hands wander down to the buttons on my shirt.
Me: "No. Not here. We could get caught." He takes his hand away and nods his head.
DM: Consent is key. I'll wait for you.
Me: "That's the most attractive thing I think you've ever said." He smiles and pushes a lock of hair behind my ear. He kisses my forehead and I hug him. I hug him forever. My eyes get droopy and he snuggles his head above mine.
DM: "Can I tell you a story, darling?" I nod my head, "Alright. Well, this one begins with a lonely boy. There was a young boy who never talked to anyone when he was younger. He barely talked to his parents and only spoke when he was spoken to. He feared his father most and only felt comfortable in his mother's presence. He was promised his life was perfect and it didn't get better than this. He was eleven when he met a girl at school who caught his eye. He had two mates from primary school but he didn't much care for them. The girl was the only person he would comfortably talk to other than his own mother. She made him feel safe and happy. When they got sorted into the same houses that year, he was over the moon with joy. She talked to him for years and his feelings for him grew every day. He told her stories and they sat in trees together. She liked him too but he didn't know that until later. He trusted her with his secrets but never really made them clear enough for her to understand. When they were sixteen, he asked her out. She said yes and his feelings grew into love. Every day when he woke up next to her, his love grew. She was gorgeous and she got prettier with every waking moment. He loved her so much. She saved his life and she didn't even know it. He knew that he could never lose her and he would lose himself if he did. He protected her at all costs. He knew that she was his universe and he was her world. I love you."
Me: "I love you too Draco." I check the time. 4:30. "It's already been an hour and a half."
DM: Wow. ok. I have an idea.
Me: What?
DM: I want to draw you.
Me: Really?...alright.
DM: "I'm going to draw the first memory of you that comes to mind." He dips his quill in ink and begins to draw. I walk around the classroom while he draws and begins singing.
**Listen to Flaming Hot Cheetos by Clairo and imagine yourself singing it while you run around the classroom**
I check the time. 4:55.
DM: "I finished." I walk over to the desk and he slides the paper over to me upside down. I flip the paper over and gasp. It's a picture of me crying into my knees. Perfectly sketched out. 
Me: "Draco! This is beautiful. Thank you." He shrugs his shoulders and gives me a kiss. He signs his name on the paper and puts away the quills, ink, and parchment. Snape walks into the room.
Snape: Leave.
Me: Yes.
Snape: Yes, sir.
Me: "There's no need to call me sir. I'm a lady after all." Malfoy walks me out of the classroom and we walk to the common room. When we get there he quickly whispers in my ear.
DM: "Go get ready. I'll see you by the tree at seven. I love you" He plants a kiss on my head and runs off to the boy's dorms. None of his clothes are over there, that I know of. I walk to my room and pick out a cute dress and shoes.
I do my hair and makeup.
I check the time. 6:42. I have plenty of time to walk down to the tree. I walk out of my dorm, out of the common room, and down to the tree.
AT THE FOREST ENTRANCE
I push through the trees and the bushes to a small clearing in the trees where the tree is. There are floating candles everywhere and a small blanket on the ground. There is bread, butter, jams, croissants, and pumpkin juice all layer out. Malfoy is sitting with a guitar next to him on the corner of the blanket. He looks very fancy.
Me: "This is beautiful." He turns to me and smiles.
DM: "You look amazing. Come, sit." I sit down next to him and he makes me a plate of food. I quickly finish eating, having not eaten for hours. He finishes quickly as well and makes the remaining food disappear. He pulls his guitar into his lap and strums a chord.
Me: I didn't know you could play guitar.
DM: "I had to do something in my greeting before I met you." I laugh. He begins to sing.
**Listen to All I Need by Tom Felton**
DM: 🎶Cause I live to get lost in lazy afternoons, with you. And what I'd give at any cost to turn a day into a few. Cause just one kiss is all I need. Take my hand and let me lead. Far away to an empty place. I live to see your face smiling back after kissing you. Got a trick right up my sleeve if I'm missing you... Cause all I need to do is close my eyes and you'll be by my side. Cause all I need is you. You're in my mind, everything's gonna be alright. Cause a thousand miles wouldn't keep me from seeing you. I said a thousand miles wouldn't keep me from seeing you. It wouldn't keep me from seeing you. Cause I live for the days that we can both kick back and relax. If it was any other way, our world would stop dead in its tracks. Because one kiss is all we need. Take my hand, it'll set us free. Far away to a cloud in the sky. I love the look in your eye when you're smiling back at me after kissing you. I've got a trick right up my sleeve if I'm missing you... Cause all I need to do is close my eyes and you'll be right by my side. All I need is you, you're in my mind. Everything's gonna be just fine cause a thousand miles wouldn't keep me from seeing you. I said a thousand miles wouldn't keep me from seeing you. Smiling back at me after kissing you. I've got a trick right up my sleeve if I'm missing you... cause all I need to do is close my eyes and you'll be right by my side and all I need is you. You're in my mind, everything's gonna be alright. All I need to do is close my eyes and you'll be right by my side. All I need is you, you're in my mind everything's gonna be alright. cause a thousand miles wouldn't keep me from seeing you. I said a thousand miles wouldn't keep me from seeing you🎶 He stops playing the guitar and looks up to me.
Me: I've never heard that one before.
DM: I wrote it for you.
Me: "Really?" Tears form in my eyes.
DM: "Yeah." He kisses my forehead and helps me up off the ground. He leads me to another small clearing and there is a sudden loud pop in the air. Above my head, a firework goes off, depicting the words, "Y/N, YULE WITH ME?" The tears run down my face and Draco holds me closer. I nod my head.
Me: "Yes. I'd love to Draco." He picks me up and spins me around. He kisses me and there are suddenly tons of claps around us. The entire staff of professors is there, including the headmaster. The Weasley twins walk up to Malfoy and he gives them some galleons. I stop them and thank them.
Me: "You're fireworks are amazing. Thank you for helping him with this. I loved it. Now, who bet I was gonna say no?" George looks at Fred. "How much Fred?" Fred mutters something under his breath. "I can't hear you, Freddie."
Fred: 10 galleons.
Me: That much? wow. Good job George.
George: "Thank you, ma'am." He shakes my hand and they walk away. Potter walks up to us with Granger, Weasley, and Lovegood. Potter shakes Draco's hand and Granger gives me a high five. Weasley looks very uncomfortable and he just mods at the both of us. Lovegood is so excited, telling us that she knew I would say yes. Headmaster Dumbledore walks up to us and shakes Malfoy's hand.
Dumbledore: "Good job Mr. Malfoy. These fireworks were quite extravagant." Malfoy nods his head and Dumbledore faces me. He whispers super quietly to me.
Dumbledore: "I better be invited to your wedding later on." I nod my head, he shakes my hand and goes. The forest clears out and we are alone again. I give him a give kiss and hug.
Me: They were acting as if you asked me to marry you.
DM: Yeah, was a bit extra but I'm glad you liked it.
Me: Are you kidding? I loved that. I hope you know that I'm going to make you sing that song all the time.
DM: "I'm prepared to do that." I laugh and he grabs my hand. We lay down in the blanket, staring up at the stars.