Chapter Forty-Seven: The Bawling Ball

A/N: Wait a damn minute. I cast Leighton Lockhart as Joshua Bassett and Delphini Lestrange as Sabrina Carpenter. I swear I didn't know about the whole love triangle deal until today when I'm writing this. I'm not on TikTok either so...I'm psychic I swear. I cast them as those characters months ago.

TL: Your voice is something of the gods.
AM: Why thank you, sir. I appreciate it. Why don't you go sing with your little band, huh?
TL: Did you just try to threaten me with a good time?
AM: Maybe I did.
TL: Ooo. Alrighty then.
He kisses the top of her head and hops back up onto the stage causing Aurora's band to join her in the crowd. The boys get back on the stage.
TL: Teddy and The Bears are back and are so honoured to have followed such an amazing performance by The Sleeping Beauties.
WOOOOO! YEAH!
TL: Those lovely ladies, and you too Taurus, are a very talented bunch. Our next song is going to be A Teenager In Love. We're going to stop announcing the songs though because that's such a bore. Aight, ready boys?
"Ready."
TL: Let's go.
Oooooooo waooo oooo ooooooo waoooo oooo Each time we have a quarrel It almost breaks my heart cause I am so afraid that we will have to part. Each night I ask the stars up above, "Why must I be a teenager in love?"

Teddy dances with the microphone, emphasizing every word. Everyone in the hall is dancing with one another, having a blast. Some of the girls are swishing their skirts around while the guys snap around them. McGonagall is dancing with Professor Sprout in the centre of the room.
AM: Go, Headmistress!

Each night I ask the stars up above, "Why must I be a teenager in love?"
I cried a tear, for nobody but you. I'll be a lonely one if you should say we're through. Well if you want to make me cry, that won't be so hard to do. If you should say goodbye, I'll still go on loving you.

The boy's harmonies are enchanting. Arthur solemnly watches as Teddy sings to Aurora and Aurora only. He hasn't looked at the crowd a single time. A tear escapes his eye but he quickly wipes it away.

I cried a tear for nobody but you. I'll be a lonely one if you should say we're through. Well if you want to make me cry, that won't be so hard to do. And if you should say goodbye, I'll still go on loving you. Each night I ask the stars up above, "Why must I be a teenager in love?"

Why must I be a teenager in love?

Why must I be a teenager in love?"

They finish the song and the students clap.
TL: Why thank you. Thank you. Beauties? Your turn.
He shuts off the mic, helping Aurora up onto the stage.
AM: Thank you.
TL: No problem, beautiful.
She takes the mic from him and turns it back on.
AM: Hey everyone. Before we play our next song I just want to say, I'm so glad that you're interested in our music. We decided to form a band when we were in third year and we've been playing since. I know the boys have been doing the same. When Headmistress McGonagall said we could play this year, we were thrilled. Thank you, Headmistress. We want to make your last Yule as Headmistress at Hogwarts as good as your first one. Beauties, you ready?
"Hell yeah!"
AM: Excuse our language, Headmistress. Now recently Elise hasn't been the most fortunate. She's gone through a tough breakup but instead of pushing us away, she brought us closer. Elise has written a song for you all to hear for the first time. This isn't really a dancing song but this was the perfect opportunity for her to show her true colours. Elise has requested that I sing the song instead of her. I willingly agreed so here we are. Ready?

EW: I'm ready.

AM: Taurus will be handling the soundbox so let's go. Elise...

I got my driver's license last week, just like we always talked about. 'Cause, you were so excited for me to get to drive up to your house. But today I drove through the suburbs, crying 'cause you weren't around. 

And you're probably with that blonde girl who always made me doubt. She's so much older than me, she's everything I'm insecure about.

Aurora looks out past Teddy in the crowd to see Elise's ex, Leighton Lockhart, holding hands with Delphini Lestrange. She looks back at Elise and sees a tear roll down her face. Delphini isn't older but she's much more mature. 

And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one. And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone. Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me. 'Cause you said forever now I drive alone past your street.

Leighton taught Elise how to drive a muggle car. Since he's a half-blood, he felt obligated to teach her some of the muggle ways. She was so excited and when she finally got the hang of it, he left. 

'Cause, they'll never know you the way that I do. Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs and pictured I was driving home to you. And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one. Oh, and I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone. Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me. 

Aurora and the others grab mics to help with backup vocals.

Red lights. Stop signs. I still see your face in the white cars. Front yards. Can't drive past the places we used to go to. 'CauseI still fucking love you, babe. Sidewalks we crossed. I still hear your voice in the traffic, we're laughing over all the noise. God, I'm so blue, know we're through. But I still fucking love you, babe. 

I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one. And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone. Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me. 'Cause you said forever now I drive alone past your street.

Yeah, you said forever now I drive alone past your street.

Elise wipes her eyes and looks out into the crowd. Leighton is no longer holding Delphini's hand, he's staring straight into Elise's eyes. His cheeks are wet, implying that he was crying. Everyone somberly claps while Elise catches her breath.

EW: Thank you and I'm sorry.

She doesn't say this to the crowd, she doesn't take her eyes off of Leighton. He shakes his head as if to say no, I'm sorry. Elise backs away from the mic towards Taurus who pats her back. 

AM: Thank you all for listening to us today. We're The Sleeping Beauties.

The crowd claps again while the group walks off the stage to the dance floor. Teddy's band gets back up onto the stage.

TL: Hi everyone. Uhh. We're going to sing one last song before handing the music duties over. Elise, I'm really sorry and I hope that whoever did that to you gets what he deserves.