Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Battle Begins

A FEW WEEKS LATER

DM: Snape is waiting for us in his office! Let's go! 

I quickly grab a bag of floo powder and throw it into the fireplace.

DM: Ready? 

I nod my head and we jump in the flames. 

"Severus Snape's office!"

The green flames swallow us and die down, revealing Snape's office. Draco helps me out of the fireplace.

SS: Welcome back to Hogwarts.

DM: Thank you. What's our mission?

SS: Do you have a wand?

DM: Yes, my mother lent me hers since Potter stole mine. 

Me: I have a wand as well.

SS: Go to the Room of Requirement and stop Potter from getting the diadem. Hurry! 

DM: Thank you, Professor.

We run out of the office down to the Room of Requirement. The Dark Lord's voice echoes through the castle.

"I know that you are preparing to fight."

I stop.

Me: Draco, why are we doing this?

He gulps.

DM: We have no choice.

"Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I dont  not want to spill any magical blood."

Me: Draco, I don't want to do this...

Dm: We can't stop now.

He takes my hand.

"Give me Harry Potter and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."

Draco and I run back to the stretch of the wall beyond which the Room of requirement is waiting to do the budding of the next entrant.

Me: What are we supposed to say again?

DM: I need the place where everything is hidden.

The door materializes in front of us. We enter the room the size of a cathedral with the appearance of a city, its towering walls built of objects hidden by thousands of long-gone students.

Me: Why would someone hide something here? Anyone can get in.

We hear footsteps behind us. We turn around to see Crabbe and Goyle.

GG: y/n? I haven't seen you in forever.

Me: It's not the time for warm or cold welcomes. Draco and I have a mission

VC: Snape send you guys down here too?

DM: Wha--yes yes he did.

GG: Come on then, we ought to have a look around. 

Deeper and deeper into the labyrinth we go. We pass by a vanishing cabinet and Draco stops.

Me: What's wrong?

DM: I--nothing. Let's go.

We continue walking when I hear other footsteps.

Me: Everyone stop, shh.

GG: Wha--

Me: SHut up.

I catch sight of Potter. Draco begins to walk towards him, I grab his arm.