Chapter Twenty-Five: Xenophilius Lovegood and the Deathly Hallows

A/N: Hello again! I'm using a lot of lines directly from Chapter Twenty and Twenty-One of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. So, if any lines seem familiar, that's why. I just wanted to write you into the scenes. All rights to J.K. Rowling. Enjoy! Also, trigger warning because suicide is mentioned in The Tale of the Three Brothers. 

HG: We have to go see Xenophilius Lovegood.

HP: Sorry?

HG: Xenophilius Lovegood. Luna's father. I want to go talk to him.

RW: Why?

She shoves a book in their faces.

HG: Look at the mark! It's the same one from Beedle the Bard!

They look at the book.

HP: Eh--uh--so?

HG: It must be important! zit keeps popping up everywhere.

RW: I think Hermione's right, we ought to see Lovegood.

HP: We keep trying to convince ourselves that Dumbledore left us secret signs and clues---

Me: Harry, I agree with them. Everything you've told me has led to this. It only makes sense.

HP: Let's vote. Those in favour of not seeing Lovegood?

He raises his hand.

Me: Those in favour of paying Lovegood a visit?

I raise my hand followed by Hermione then Ron.

RW: Outvoted, Harry, sorry.

HP: Fine.

Me: Does anyone know where the Lovegoods live?

RW: Uh...by me. They must be close to the Burrow. Mum and dad always point to the hills when they talk about them. Shouldn't be hard to find.

We disapparate to a breezy hillside with a beautiful view of Ottery St. Catchpole. I look over solemnly at the Burrow in the distance.

RW: It's weird, being this close, but not going to visit.

HG: Well, it's not like you haven't seen them. You were there for Christmas!

Hermione snaps at him.

RW: I wasn't at the Burrow! Do you think I was going to go back there and tell Fred and George I left my best friends? Fred would kill me if he knew I'd been around y/n.

HP: Why just y/n?

RW: He's got a huge crush on her! He's fancied her for years.

HP: Oh.

Harry looks down at his feet, pushing around the grass,

HG: If you weren't at the Burrow, where were you?

RW: Bill and Fleur's new place. Shell Cottage. Bill wasn't too impressed when he heard what I'd done, but he didn't go on about it, He knew I was really sorry. None of the rest of the family knew I was there. Bill just told Mum that he and Fleur weren't goin' home for Christmas because they wanted to spend it alone. I don't think Fleur minded.

We turn away from the Burrow. Ron leads us up over a hill. We walk for a few hours under the invisibility cloak, per Hermione's persistence. We finally come across a small cottage.

HG: Is it theirs?

RW: You'd be able to tell. So, no. Let's try over there.

He points to a different lot of hills. We disapparate to them.