Chapter Eight: Dean Thomas's Debacle

MORNING
I wake up in my bed next to Malfoy. He's awake and stroking my hair. He looks down at me and smiles.
DM: Morning beautiful.
Me: Morning handsome. How'd we get back here?
DM: I woke up and just carried you here.
Mre: All the way from the forest?
DM: "It's not that far." He kisses my forehead. He gets up, grabs his uniform, and goes to the bathroom. I roll over and check the time. 7:36. Class is in about an hour. I get up and grab and pick out my uniform. Malfoy comes out of the bathroom and I go in. Once I'm done, we walk down to breakfast. Malfoy and I talk the entire way.
DM: I don't have any nice dress robes for yule. I think we should go to Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley and get some this weekend.
Me: Ooo yes. There's this amazing dress shop at Hogsmeade I have to go to. I won't be showing you my dress until the second we get to yule though.
DM: "Not surprised. You'll look stunning, I'm sure." I blush.
Me: "You'll look great too. I mean you already do. You're a Malfoy for Merlin's sake," We stop and I run my hand through his hair, "I mean look at this hair," I look up into his eyes, "These eyes. I get lost in them more and more every day," I run my hand across his jawline, "And, oh my, this jawline." We laugh.
DM: Good to know that the jawline does it for you.
Me: "What can I say? It's a nice jawline," I shift my gaze to his lips and touch them gently, "And these. These lips. They've given the most passionate kisses, the most sincere words, and the most beautiful songs," He looks into my eyes lovingly and pulls me up to him for a kiss. Before I reach his lips, I whisper, "I love you." He kisses me in the middle of the hall and there are two scoffs from behind us. I turn around to see Pansy and Blaise standing behind us.
Pansy: "That's disgusting. No one wants to see that." I push Malfoy up against the wall and passionately kiss him. He starts to laugh and I pull away.
Me: Enjoy the show, Parkinson?
Pansy: Disgusting. Absolutely appalling.
Me: "Wonderful. Zabini? Wish to comment?" He shakes his head, "No? Good. Now, go away. Leave us alone and Parkinson," I look over at her, "Take that stick out your ass." She gasps and walks away. Blaise nods at Malfoy and follows Pansy. Malfoy looks at me.
DM: Bloody hell woman. That was beautifully executed.
Me: Thank you. I'm hungry. Can we please go to eat?
DM: "Of course." We reach the Hall and sit down at the Slytherin table. A group of boys come and congratulate Malfoy on his victory with asking me to yule. He nods at them and tells them what happened as I eat my breakfast. I feel a lot of eyes on me but The Golden Trio is staring the hardest. I can see them whispering to one another. Potter looks irritated, Granger looks confused, and Weasley looks upset. Weasley isn't eating, which is very unlike him. He looks pale and almost sick. Granger looks as though she is trying to console him and convince him to eat, as she keeps motioning to the food. Potter is whisper yelling, I can tell by his face. He's mad. He keeps motioning to our table and furrowed his brow. Weasley lifts his head and catches my eye. I smile at him, which I never do, but I feel bad. His eyes widen, he blushes and quickly looks back down at the table. He seems to be muttering to Granger. She cuts her eyes at me and faces Potter. He's still throwing his hands up and glaring at Malfoy. Malfoy can't see Potter because he's on the opposite side of the table, across from me, explaining the previous night's events. Malfoy finishes the story and comes to sit next to me. He hugs me and plants a kiss on my head. Potter says something to Weasley, Weasley looks up and sees Malfoy kissing my head and he runs out of the Hall. Granger and Potter run out after him. I finish my pumpkin juice and turn to Malfoy.
Me: I have to use the restroom. I'll be right back.
DM: "Alright." I kiss his cheek and walk out of the Hall. I see The Trio sitting together on the stairs. Granger catches my eyes and gets up.
Granger: What are you doing out here? Leave.
Me: What's going on?
Potter: "None of your business." Weasley gets up and runs into the bathroom holding his hand over his mouth. Potter runs in after him. Granger walks to the entrance of the bathroom and yells to Potter.
Granger: Is he alright?!
Potter: I don't think so! He's sick! He's throwing up! I'll stay here with him until he's okay!
Granger: Alright, Harry! what should I do?!
Potter: Maybe get him some food! Or ask the twins!
Granger: "Alright!" She runs past me back into the Hall. I sit on the stairs waiting. Granger runs out of the Hall with Fred and George, holding a loaf of bread and a goblet of pumpkin juice. Fred catches my eye.
Fred: He handles things a bit differently than some people. He'll be alright.
Me: I just want to know what's going on.
George: Better if he told you himself.
Me: "Told me what? I'm so confused." I follow them to the entry of the bathroom but Granger sends me back to the stairs. I sit and wait. Moments later, they all emerge from the bathroom. The twins nod to me and head back to the Hall. Potter doesn't make eye contact with me and follows them. Granger and Weasley are the last to come out of the bathroom. Weasley wipes his mouth and motions for Granger to follow Potter. She does and he walks over to me. He sits on the same step as me but leaves a large space between us. He speaks,
RW: Hey, uh, I'm sorry about that.
Me: I don't even know what's going on. I never talk to you guys so I understand the dirty looks but seriously what's going on? And be quick about it because I told Draco I was going to the bathroom.
RW: I...You're going to yule with Malfoy...right?
Me: Yes. I am.
RW: Why?
Me: I'm his girlfriend, Weasley. I love him. He asked me to go and of course, I said yes.
RW: Harry is mad.
Me: Like I care.
RW: I didn't think you would.
Me: Alright then, what's the problem? Why are you all pale and not eating?
RW: "I...I wanted to ask you to yule." I laugh and he looks at me. He's not laughing.
Me: Wait. Seriously Weasley?
RW: Yeah. It's ridiculous. I know.
Me: A bit.
RW: I'm not the only one.
Me: Really?
RW: Gosh no. Harry wanted to take you. Dean wanted to take you. Oliver, Neville, Seamus, Bloody hell even Fred. You've got all of us lined up.
Me: Fred?
RW: That's what I said.
Me: Oliver? Neville? Seamus? Dean? FRED?
RW: and me.
Me: "I need a second." I look up at the ceiling and take a deep breath. I try to digest this information.
RW: I'm...sorry?
Me: It's alright. Go eat. You obviously want to. I'll talk to you later.
RW: "Alright. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable." He speed walks into the Hall and the doors close. I lay down on my back on the stairs. That many people? Were there others? Lined up? I hear the doors open but I don't look to see who it is. I feel someone sit down on the step below me. I see silver-blonde hair out of the corner of my eye. Malfoy.
DM: What are you doing?
Me: Digesting.
DM: That's your thinking face. What are you thinking about?
Me: I'm not.
DM: You are.
Me: I ran into Weasley.
DM: First of all, which one? Second of all, do I need to beat him up?
Me: Ron and not necessarily.
DM: What does that mean?
Me: He was really pale and sick. He threw up when I came out here. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me...
DM: What did he tell you?
Me: He wanted to take me to yule.
DM: That little rat.
Me: It gets better. Not only did he want to take me to yule, but so did Potter, Longbottom, Wood, Thomas, Finnigan, and Fred.
DM: Fred?
Me: That's what I said. I mean, he took me last year. That's probably why he bet 10 galleons that I would say no to you. He didn't want to accept the fact that I was going to go with you.
DM: I have a lot of people to beat up.
Me: No. You don't. It's alright because I wouldn't have said yes to any of them anyway.
DM: "Good." He kisses me and helps me up from the steps. "We've got to go to potions."
Me: Ugh. I don't want to. Weasley and Potter are in that class."
DM: Would you prefer to skip?
Me: "Obviously." I hop onto his back and he runs with me through the castle. We run to the common room and he puts me down.
DM: "What shall we do?" He begins to walk around the common room and turns to the fireplace. "Quite lovely architecture here at Hogwarts." I giggle and he lets out a laugh.
Me: "Let's go to the courtyard." He nods and we walk out to the courtyard. A thick layer of snow covers everything and icicles hang around the doorways. Malfoy hands me a pair of gloves and puts on a pair of his own. He sets a hat on his head and picks up a handful of snow. He shapes it into a small ball.
Me: Don't you dare Malfoy!
DM: What? I can't hear you! My ears are frozen!
Me: "Draco! No!" He throws the snowball at my rib and lets out a giggle. "I'll get you for that Malfoy!" I form a snowball in my hand and throw it at the back of his head as he goes to pick up more snow.
DM: "AH! It's running down my back!" I laugh so hard that my eyes start to water. He runs over to me and spins me around. He lays down onto the ground and begins to make a snow angel. "Come on, Y/N. Make an angel with me."
Me: "I'm good." Instead, I lay down on his chest and kiss him.
DM: "That...That works too." I giggle and snuggle close to his chest. "The snow is melting onto my back. We should get up." I get up and start rolling snow around. Malfoy understands and begins doing the same. "Are you doing the bottom one or the middle one?"
Me: "Uh. Bottom." He smirks and laughs a bit. "Don't say it."
DM: That's...
Me: No.
DM: That's what she said.
Me: "No. Just make the middle snowball." He finishes rolling it and shapes it into a ball. I pack all the snow on the bottom layer and make it round. He puts the middle snowball on top. He begins working on the face and I look for facial features.
Me: "Accio stick!" A stick comes to me and I place it on the middle snowball as the first arm. "Accio stick!" Arm two. "Accio six pebbles!" They come flying at me and I have to quickly catch them all. Malfoy places the head on top of the middle snowball. I place the pebbles in a smile shape. I walk over to the entrance and pluck an icicle off the archway. I place it in place of a nose and Malfoy places two rocks for eyes. I take off my scarf and wrap it around its neck. Malfoy takes off his scarf and wraps it around my neck. He kisses my forehead and hugs me closer to him.
DM: What should we name this one?
Me: Nothing compares to the other one.
DM: True, but we can always try.
Me: How about Sir Snow
DM: Sir Snow? Hmm. no.
Me: You've got anything better.
DM: No.
Me: Ok than Sir Snow it is. Where is he from?
DM: Hmm. Maybe he's from Siberia. I heard it's cold.
Me: Sir Snow from Siberia.
DM: We've got a free period now. Would you like to go back to the common room?
Me: "Yes, please. It's cold." He grabs my scarf off of Sir Snow and puts his hat on my head. He leans down and kisses me. I smile and we walk back to the common room.
That bitch Parkinson is crying on the couch when we walk in.
Me: What's wrong with you, Parkinson?
Pansy: I don't need to tell you, Y/L/N.
Me: True, but you're going to.
Pansy: It's Blaise.
Me: Of course it is. What did he do?
Pansy: He asked Daphne Greengrass to the Yule Ball instead of me. I'm his girlfriend! Why didn't he ask me?!
Me: Parkinson, Zabini is a jerk.
Pansy: No, he's not!
Me: Parkinson, how many people has he cheated on you within the 5ish months that you guys have been together?
Pansy: Like, 2.
Me: Alright that's two people that he's cheated on you with. So many times has he cheated with them?
Pansy: Three times with the first girl and four with the other one.
Me: He's a jerk. You should just dump him.
Pansy: But I love him!
Me: But he doesn't love you.
Pansy: No one else wants me.
Me: I can fix that.
Pansy: Why would you help me?
Me: Just because I broke your nose and I hate you with every bone in my body, it doesn't mean I won't help you get revenge on Zabini.
Pansy: Really?
Me: Yeah. This weekend, when we go to Hogsmeade, I'm dressing you. Right now, we're going to dress you up and you're breaking up with Zabini.
Pansy: Really?
Me: "Hell yeah," I turn to Malfoy who has just been chilling on the couch, "I'm going to do her hair, makeup, and lend her some clothes. So, go hang out with the boys or something." He gets up and walks to his old room. I take Parkinson to my room and sit her on my bed.
Me: "Alright. I may hate you, but you're in my hands now so, you're going to shut up and let me do my thing." She nods her head. I pull out an outfit and throw it at her. I open the bathroom for her and she gets dressed. I have her put on black dress pants held up by a black grunge belt. I put a black tank top that reads  'daddy' across it in white letters. She puts on black doc martin boots.