Chapter Thirty-One: The War is Won

I spot Potter sitting in the courtyard under the tree, Draco's tree.

Me: Potter?

He looks up at me, the rising sun shining on his tear-stained cheeks. He grins and pats the spot next to him.

Me: Harry, I'm really sorry for what I did to you. It was cruel and awful--

HP: Calm down. Sit. Please.

I sit across from him.

HP: Thank you.

Me: For what?

He points to the sword in my right hand.

HP: For saving thousands of lives.

Me: I couldn't save the ones that meant the most...

HP: I know. I'm sorry. You're the bravest Slytherin I've ever met, y/n. I hope that one day, I have half the courage that you do.

Me: Harry, I have a question.

HP: What's up?

Me: Lupin--you told me he had a son.

HP: Yeah. His name is Edward. Edward Remus Lupin...They're calling him Teddy. He's got blue hair and he's my godson.

Me: Wait---if he's your godson--then that means--

HP: Yeah, I'm his legal guardian now. I get to raise a baby at seventeen. 

Me: I'm sure Molly will help.

HP: Willingly. She's already told me she would. Where are you going to go?

Me: What do you mean?

HP: You were living at Malfoy Manor before so...where are you going to stay now?

Me: I'm not sure yet. I suppose I could ask Mrs Weasley to stay with them at the Burrow.

HP: I'll probably be living there too...

Me: I'm--I'm sorry about everyone.

HP: I'm sorry for you too. You lost everything important to you while I get to keep my best friends.

Me: Yeah, kinda fucked up. I lost my best friend and my boyfriend. Draco--Draco was going to--going to propose. He always told me that his main dream was to marry me and guess the fuck what? HE'S FUCKING GONE!

HP: y/n, woah. I understand.

Me: NO YOU DONT! YOU DIDN'T JUST LOSE THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE YOU'VE EVER LOVED! 

HP: No, I didn't. I lost my parents seventeen years ago...

Me: Yeah? YEAH? I LOST MY PARENTS TO THE MAN WHO KILLED YOURS. NOT ONLY THAT, YOU PIECE OF SHIT, I LOST MY BOYFRIEND AND MY BEST FRIEND. I LOST MY MUM, MY FATHER, SNAPE, FRED, AND DRACO. HARRY, I LOST THEM ALL AND IM BEING HELD TOGETHER BY A FUCKING BANDAID! I LOST THEM ALL--I lost them all...

I collapse onto the ground, shaking with waves of tears.

HP: y/n, It's going to take a while to get used to this feeling of grief. It sucks and it's even worse for you.

Me: Your fuckin right it is.

HP: shh, I know.

Me: Harry--Harry fo you think everyone is still in the Great Hall?

HP: Wha--I suppose...

Me: Then I have something I need to do. Follow me.

THE GREAT HALL

I walk to the front of the Hall and climb up on the stage, in front of Lupin, Tonks, Fred, and Draco...

Me: Sonorus! Attention, please!