Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Third Month

ONE MONTH LATER

I turn the note in my hand as I wait for the other three to arrive

"You wanted us to meet you here?"

Draco and Fred enter the room, similar notes in their hands.

Me: Where's George?

"I'm here. I'm right here."

George is sitting but the fire, the moon reflecting off his reading glasses.

GW: I've been here the whole time.

Me: The whole time?

GW: Yes. I watched you pace back and forth, talk to yourself, and wipe your sweaty palms multiple times.

Me: Well, ignoring that, let's go to the secret-not-so-secret-room.

DM: THe what?

Me: Just follow me.

I lead them to the room. George tucks away his glasses as Drac gasps when he reaches the bottom of the ladder.

DM: This is amazing.

GW: Fred and I discovered this place in first year. If you look around, you'll see that most of the papers talk about a group called the Marauders.

FW: They must've been the makers or previous inhabitants of this area. As you can see, there are three beds, each one labelled.

Draco walks over to the beds in the corner. One bunk bed and one regular bed. The top bunk is labelled "Wormtail," the bottom bunk "Prongs." The singular bed is labelled "Padfoot & Moony."

DM: No one else knows about this place?

No: No. Only us.

DM: Woah.

I sit on the singular bed and pat the spot next to me. All three of them come and sit.

Me: I wanted to tell you guys a story and also say thank you.

FW: For what?

Me: For everything. These past three months have been amazing. I've gotten to know each of you better than I ever did before. 

GW: You've said some questionable things these past few months but you have also said some things that will stick with me forever.

FW: I agree.

DM: Yeah, me too.

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

Draco enters my bedroom holding a tray of soup and water.

Me: How did you get up here?

DM: The Rumbleroar portrait really likes me. He's pretty chill. 

Me: Rumbleroar doesn't like anyone. Barely even me. How did you get on his good side?