Chapter 53

Afterward, when we're finished in the pool and changed, the kids say they want to watch a movie. Santino excuses himself as he received a text from my Uncle, which seems to relieve Joey.

Halfway through the movie, JP gets a text from his dad to see him, and by the time the film is almost over, Carmen and Marco have fallen asleep, completely wiped out.

Annalisa and I decide to start cleaning up the food and take it back to the kitchen.

When we walk back in, the scene where Ralph is falling from the sky is on. Annalisa and I notice Joey following along as Ralph chants, "I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good...and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me."

Joey doesn't realize we are back in the room as he starts whispering to himself. "Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry." Annalisa and I look at each other and burst out laughing, and he turns his head quickly, his face red.

"That's freaking adorable, Salvatore!" Annalisa says in between her laughing. He scowls at her as he gets up and turns the TV off, and begins to walk out without saying anything.

"Oh, come on, Joey!" Annalisa says, walking after him.

I grab blankets out of one of the cabinets in the family room and cover Carmen and Marco. I leave a small lamp on for them, in case they have to use the bathroom, during the night.

When I walk out into the hallway, Annalisa walks over to me, shaking her head. "Who knew he had a sensitive side?" She laughs.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay? It's late; you can stay in a spare bedroom." I tell her as we continue walking towards the staircase.

"No, I've got a meeting with that non-profit organization I was telling you about in the morning. Thanks, though; it was fun. Love you!" She hugs me tightly, and I walk her towards the door, closing it behind her.

I grab the baby monitor and head to JP's room since baby Lola is sleeping in my room. I change out of my clothes and slip into a shirt of JP's.

I start to drift to sleep when his bedroom door opens and then closes quietly.

"Sorry, baby," JP whispers. "I didn't mean to miss out on the rest of the night."

"It's no big deal." I yawn.

He leans over and kisses my head before going to his bathroom. Then, after a few minutes, he walks out only in his boxer briefs and slips under the covers and comes up close behind me.

His hand slips under the shirt I'm wearing and lays flat against my stomach. I love how it both calms me and makes me feel safe yet also sends a warmth through me.

When he doesn't make any other attempt to touch me, I press myself back against him. He chuckles behind me, and then he shifts and begins kissing and sucking gently on my neck.

I grab his hand and push it down over myself and then move it under the elastic of my underwear.

JP chuckles against my neck again, "Eager are we, principessa?"

I press myself up against him in response and feel his hardened length, and I moan from that alone.

He plunges his finger into me quickly, and I gasp loudly; his breathing accelerates with mine. He trails his nose down the side of my neck as his warm breath fans over my skin. "Is this what you want, amore mio?"

His voice is low and rough, and it turns me on even more. "Yes!" I pant out.

He presses against my clit, and I moan out in pleasure, and then he moves his mouth over my neck while his fingers work their magic inside of me. The tightness is building, and I know I'm close.