Chapter 42

I open my door and see Annalisa dressed in the dress that I helped pick out. It has a high slit in the front of her right thigh, and the red color pops against her sun-kissed skin.

Her hair is down in her signature big waves, with a clip holding a section back, away from her face. She looks past me and sees JP. "Well, now I know why I finished before you, which never happens." She smirks. I smile, blushing in response.

"Come to my room, and I'll do your hair and makeup." She pulls me out before I can say anything, and I turn back, smiling quickly at JP.

"You look gorgeous!" I tell Annalisa as she has me sit on the bed, and she shrugs in response. Then, she pulls her makeup bag out, starts applying different creams, and begins working on me.

"...Is everything okay? I mean, you seem short with Joey, more than usual."

Her brows come together for a moment before she smiles at me. "I'm fine. Joey's just Joey. Although he seems more annoying today for some reason."

"I wanted to tell you at lunch, except we got interrupted and then got busy eating. But I saw Joey throw the paper with Summer's number away."

Annalisa pauses and looks at me.

"He threw it in the trash bin when she turned to walk away."

"Why would he do that?" She questions.

I sigh and roll my eyes a little. "Maybe because he likes you, Annalisa."

She laughs and turns back to her makeup bag, going through it. "Joey likes anyone with boobs and legs, Char."

I can't argue with her because he's notorious for being a player. But I decide to give him the benefit of the doubt. "Okay, true, but maybe he's changing?"

Annalisa snorts but doesn't say anything else and finishes quickly, knowing I don't wear a lot of makeup. So, she keeps my look more natural.

Once we finish, I walk up to JP, and he holds me around my waist as he leans into me, whispering in my ear. "I'm serious; we should skip on dinner and go straight for dessert."

I grin, shaking my head, and hold my wrist out, asking him to help me with the charm bracelet he gave me for my birthday. His eyes light up when he sees it and helps clasp it together for me.

Joey and Mia walk in through the patio doors, and I watch as Joey's eyes travel down Annalisa's dress, focusing on the high slit on the front of her red printed, strapless, maxi sundress. She doesn't notice his reaction to her because she's on her phone.

Tobias and Jimmy are already out front, waiting for us, and they get in Vince's car again while the rest of us get in the large SUV.

The drive is short, and once we get on the ship, the staff greets us, then they hand each of us a glass of wine, and I take a small sip. It's rich and has a hint of fruitiness, but I'm not sure I like it.

Before dinner begins, we explore throughout the observation deck, enjoying the scenery. I look over the skyline and take in the incredible, scenic views.

JP cages me in against the railing, reminding me of my birthday weekend when we were out on the penthouse's terrace. He moves my hair aside as he brushes his lips on my neck moving up, gradually.

I lean back into him as he continues to run his nose up and down on me. "You are so beautiful."

I sigh happily, smiling as I continue looking out. "I'm glad we are here, together, JP. Making memories outside of home." He agrees as he holds me, resting his chin on my shoulder.