Chapter 15

STELLA/CHARMAINE

My brain is officially fried with all the testing and finals this week, but I'm glad it's all done. On the plus side, the week flew by, even though I'm physically and mentally exhausted.

And don't get me started on my emotional state.

I've been trying to talk to JP all week since Sunday—since the kiss, and it feels like he's avoiding me.

For instance, I swear he saw me this morning when I called out to him, but he ran out of the house behind Joey, like the house was on fire, but I sent him a text right away.

            Me: WTF, JP? I know you heard me yell out for you.

            Dramaqueen: When?

            Me: Seriously?

            Dramaqueen: I'm not a fucking mind reader, princess.

            Me: Fine. Whatever.

            Dramaqueen: Ok. Bye.

I followed up his last text with a buttload of the finger flipping him off emojis. He only responded with a single thumbs up.

Asshole.

I couldn't find him after my shift, on Sunday, when I had returned home. We usually see each other in the mornings, during training, so I didn't think anything about it the first day he wasn't there, but he hasn't been there all week.

He's been eating out for dinner, too. I don't understand why he is giving me the cold shoulder? It's not like I kissed him first, to begin with, and now his text responses are short, with little to no annoying, witty banter from what I've gotten used to from him.

We leave for the trip to Atlantic City tomorrow after Annalisa takes her last final and I'm anxious to be around him considering how he's been acting all week, but mostly because that damn kiss has been on my mind nonstop.

I'm beyond frustrated and on edge at this point, so I decide to go to the gym to work out. I wasn't able to work out this morning because I had my last final very early today.

After a few laps around the gym to warm up, I put on my sparring gloves and start punching the dummy, picturing JP's face on it.

I feel myself loosen up and my frustration dwindling, so I start to do conditioning exercises, focusing on different parts of my body, such as pushups and burpees; I finish by working on my abs. They are still a little tender, so I don't want to overdo it.

I'm hanging upside down, with my legs wrapped around the punching bag, doing sit-ups when I see a pair of shoes walking up to me. I move my eyes up to their body; and I see it's JP, looking down at me with his arms crossed.

He's wearing shorts and a tank top; he must be here to work out. I pull myself up to grab the top of the bag and unwrap my legs, jumping down.

"Do what do I owe the pleasure of being allowed in your presence again, your highness?" I ask, not quite meeting his eyes as I pant and walk around him to get to my towel and water bottle. I feel my annoyance growing again, just being near him.

"What the hell are you talking about?

"Why do guys do that? Act like they have no damn clue what we are talking about, so it looks like we are the crazy ones?" I take a drink of my water bottle and pat my face and chest with the towel.

I seriously think about taking a page from his book and walking away, ignoring him but realize it's too late as I've already made contact.

Ugh, I suck at being a bitch. "Don't worry. I'm finished; I'll leave you to it." I turn to leave when he grabs my arm. I struggle to ignore the heat I feel from his touch.