Chapter 65

STELLA/CHARMAINE

I have not slept well these last two days, being anxious for JP to come home. I was already impatient with the week drawing out, but then he called me the same night that I had sent him the shower video, telling me Jimmy had ambushed him at lunch.

If it wasn't for Enzo showing up when he did, we don't know where he'd be right now or if he'd even be alive; to say I was desperate to see him is a huge understatement.

I admit I was upset at first to learn Enzo had known about the attack going down and didn't say anything to me, but then the realness of the situation hit me, and I was ultimately grateful he was there to save JP.

I'm chewing on my thumbnail as I watch my Uncle's private jet finally land and then take its sweet time to make its way over to us.

I had told my Uncle I wanted to be here when JP arrived, and he obliged in letting me come, with Tobias and Joey, even though I knew he'd prefer I waited at the house.

Tobias looks over at me as I bounce on the balls of my feet and fidget from one position to another. "He's fine, kiddo. You'll see him here shortly. Take a few deep breaths." He smiles at me kindly.

I try to do as he says, by taking deep breaths to ease my anxiousness, but I know I won't calm down until I see him and hold him.

Finally, the plane comes to a stop, but now the airport crew moves at a snail's pace to line up the stair ladder up to the door. I watch as the ladder moves back to get aligned better against the door.

"Oh, come on!" I groan. Joey snickers next to me, and I punch his arm. 

"Ow, shit!"

At last, the door opens, but my smile quickly fades when I see someone stepping out who isn't JP.

"That's Adriano, Timo's general manager, at the casino in Chicago," Tobias answers my question; reading my mind, I nod but don't really care to know.

And then I see JP.

My heart skips a beat as I watch him make his way down the stairs. He always looks so confident, but I can not help notice how attractive he is in his dark grey dress pants and white dress shirt. The wind blows his hair wildly, and I'm dying to run my fingers through it; his dark aviators hide his eyes from me.

When he reaches the last step, I run to him. I offer a smile as I pass the Adriano guy, who nods at me.

JP lifts his glasses up on his forehead, grinning at me as I run to him, squealing when I jump on him, wrapping my arms and legs around him.

"God, I've missed you, princess." His deep voice instantly stirs my insides. His cologne fills my senses, and I feel at home in his arms.

"I've missed you so much, John Paul; I'm so happy you're safe, amore mio." I kiss his neck and make my way to his jaw, cheek, and then his lips. He holds me tightly as he kisses me deeply.

When we pull apart, we're both breathless, laughing, but he keeps carrying me until we reach the car.

We sit in the back of the SUV while Adriano sits in the middle section and Joey and Tobias sit up in the front. Joey turns on the radio and starts tapping along to the music.

I turn towards JP. "I don't want you to leave again on the next trip; I just have this bad feeling."

He smiles over at me, bringing my hand up to his lips. "What happened in Chicago won't happen again, baby."

"You don't know that," I look at my hand in his.

"Hey, look at me," JP lifts my chin towards him with his free hand. "Timo said I'd have a security detail when I'm down in Miami."