Chapter 19

JOHN PAUL

I walk out to the living room, where the group of us going out is waiting for the girls to finish getting ready.

Vince is sitting on a lounge chair looking at his phone, and I decide to move towards the other men, not trusting myself to be around him at the moment.

Even though Joey, Damien, and I aren't working, we each make sure to come prepared and carry our guns on us; I watch as Damien checks his gun before slipping inside his suit jacket.

Three of the guys are staying behind as they will have the morning shift, and the other three, Tobias, Marcus, and Lucas, will be coming with us.

"For fuck's sakes! Seriously, what could be taking so long?" Joey complains. He checks the time on his phone for the hundredth time, it seems, while pacing the entire living room area.

"Why are you in such a hurry? You're going to wear out the rug, with all your pacing, man." I joke while walking towards him.

He looks up at me. "They've been getting ready for hours, I just don't und—" He stops mid-sentence, and his eyes bug out, staring behind me.

I turn around, and my jaw drops.

The girls walk into the living room looking amazing, but my eyes focus only on Charmaine. My eyes start at the gold heels she's wearing and travel up her firm, toned legs and the dress that hugs every delicious curve of her body and finally land on her face.

She's wearing more makeup than I'm used to seeing on her, but it's not overdone; it only enhances her natural beauty. Her hair is in soft curls and the urge to run my fingers to run through it is overwhelming.

"Fuck me." I hear Joey behind me. He walks up to me, putting his arm around my shoulders, and lifts my jaw with his other hand. "Oh yeah, this is going to be a great night."

I shrug him off, scowling at him, and look back at Charmaine, who is now talking to fucking Vince. I watch as his eyes travel down her body when she turns to speak to Annalisa, and it takes everything in me to not pull her away from him so that I can tear him apart.

Damien walks up to my other side, interrupting my violent thoughts. "Damn, I'm so glad we're not working this weekend." 

I nod my head in agreement, focused on the only girl who takes my breath away.

"Let's head out," Tobias calls out, and we all make our way out of the penthouse. I make it a point to sit next to her in the car.

"You look amazing," I tell Charmaine as she buckles herself in. She looks at me before looking down, smiling as she tucks a strand of her behind her ear, thanking me.

"You always look good," She says, but the smile on her face gives me butterflies. I leave my arm around the back of the seat casually—well, I thought it was casual until I catch Joey rolling his eyes at me.

STELLA/CHARMAINE

The loud bass of the music vibrates through my body as we enter the slightly smoke-hazed club. The lighting is kept low, except for the center of the main room is lit up with the circular bar.

Annalisa tells us we have a private booth reserved that overlooks the entire club.

We sit on the soft plush couches, and a waitress comes to take our orders. I decided to research some drinks on my phone while Annalisa finished getting ready and settled on trying a SideCar.

"What the hell is that?" Joey asks from across the booth. I realize he's talking to me and notice most of the guys are looking at me, and I fidget under all the attention.