Chapter 57

I'm lying over JP, tracing his tattoos after we finish another round of making love.

I turn, kissing his chest as he trails a finger lazily down my back. "What time is it?" I ask.

He reaches for his watch on the nightstand, on his side. "It's 1:20."

"Do you think Annalisa's still down at the party?" I ask, laying back, looking up at the ceiling. Guilt seeps in as I already made up with JP and haven't yet, with her.

JP turns to his side to look at me, propping himself up on his elbow, and picks up a lock of my hair and plays with it through his fingers.

He shrugs. "She could be. Do you want me to go check?"

"If you don't mind. I'm just going to jump in the shower to wash off." I move to sit up, but he pushes me back down.

"You don't want people to smell me on you, princess?" He nuzzles my neck, making me shiver.

I laugh, pulling his face up. "You know I don't care about that, JP."

His dark eyes are alight with humor. "I know, I'm just teasing, amore mio." He leans down to kiss me.

"Alright, I'll be back." He sits up and gets dressed. While I make my way to the bathroom, putting my hair up.

He stops me before I walk into the bathroom. "I'm going to have to borrow this back." He says, grabbing his hoodie from the bed. "Someone ruined my shirt." He smirks.

"I don't even feel bad about it." I look over my shoulder at him, winking. He laughs as he walks out of the door; it's quickly becoming my favorite sound to hear.

After the quick shower, I'm slipping on a shirt and shorts when JP walks back in. "I couldn't find her, and the party's over; I guess it has been for a while. One of the guys said Joey left, and everyone started leaving since he left."

"What about Victoria?" I brush my hair out while he watches me through the mirror.

He snorts. "Please, she left not long after you kicked her ass." I grin back at him.

"Is it bad that it felt good to smash her face in?"

JP chuckles, "You've never been in a fight before, amore. Well, other than fighting for your life. The adrenaline you get is pretty hard to beat, but making love to you might beat it out."

I laugh, shaking my head as he walks up behind me, holding me around the waist while he rests his chin on my shoulder.

"You are so beautiful, Charmaine." He looks at me through the mirror lovingly. I turn around to face him.

"Would you still think that if I gained weight or when I'm old and grey?" I tease.

"I know I would." He places a soft kiss on my forehead. "I've had dreams of your belly swollen with my baby..." He places more kisses on my cheeks and nose.

And the intensity of his gaze makes my heart flutter as much as hearing him say he's had dreams of us having a baby. "You have?" I whisper.

"Yes, and I can't wait for that day to come, someday." His eyes move down to my lips. He brushes the pad of his thumb over my bottom lip. "...down the road, of course. We're still young and have plans to travel, and you are opening a business soon. I want to be there and help you reach your dreams."

"What about your dreams, JP?" I ask, and he moves his eyes back to mine.

He places his hands on either side of my face. "Don't you get it, amore mio? You are my dream." He leans down and kisses me. His lips move over mine, slowly. My belly starts stirring, and I run my hands through his hair, moaning quietly.