Chapter 55

"Four times! Charmaine, are you fucking kidding me?" Annalisa exclaims. "How are you even walking?" She laughs, shaking her head. I laugh but grimace a little as the pain between my legs begins to throb when I move.

"Not without difficulty." I laugh and wince at the same time. "I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't do it all over again, though." Smiling fondly, as I recall, one of the best nights of my life so far.

JP and I couldn't get enough of each other; I thought we had enough in bed until he joined me in the shower this morning, and we just couldn't help ourselves.

"Well, damn. I need to get myself laid," Annalisa says as she eats a piece of watermelon from a fruit bowl Carmela brought out to us.

"Don't you fret sugar lips; Joey can fix that."

We turn and see Joey and JP walking towards us. I blush as I realize they must know what we are talking about, and it's confirmed when I see the smirk on JP's handsome face.

"How's my demanding principessa?" JP asks me, moving me to sit on his lap. I wince from the movement. "Still hurts?" He asks quietly.

I lean into him. "Yes, but I took more medicine, so I'll be fine." He holds me close, rubbing my thigh.

"So, how about it, gorgeous?" Joey asks Annalisa.

"Pass." She deadpans. "I like sex but not enough to catch whatever's on your middle leg, Joseph."

Joey gives her a tight smile, narrowing his eyes. "Hate to disappoint you, baby, but despite what you think, I'm clean as a whistle....must be lonely though, being single and only having your high standards to keep you warm at night."

Annalisa sits up, clearly ruffled. "You're right, I am single, and you'd have to be fucking amazing to change that."

Joey leans down, placing his hands on either side of the armrests of her chair, leaning in close. His dark curly hair falls over his face. "Only one way to find out."

She laughs and then looks Joey directly in the eye. "If anyone can have it, I don't want it...remember this, Joey, dust settles, I don't." She pushes him away and grabs the fruit bowl, and continues eating.

I clear my throat at the thick, sexual tension between the two of them and elbow JP in the side to say something and then regret it when he winces from his still sore side, where he was shot.

I mutter an apology as he looks over at me with an annoyed look on his face.

"Anyway, you two ready for Joey's big birthday bash next weekend?" JP asks, running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm still shocked Uncle Timo is okay with the party being here," I state as I absentmindedly draw patterns on JP's forearm that's resting across my lap.

"It's probably because he'll be out of town. Otherwise, I'm sure he'd push for it to be held somewhere else." Joey says, looking at his phone.

"John Paul, Joey; I need you two, now." Tony's baritone voice has us all turning towards the terrace doorway. "Charmaine, I need you to take Annalisa into the house, preferably in your room, until someone comes to get you."

I sit up alert, wondering what's going on, and Annalisa picks up her fruit bowl and follows us into the house.

"What's going on, Tony?" Joey asks as we walk into the kitchen. Carmela smiles at us as she sees us all coming in. She's rolling out pasta for dinner tonight. But that's not what's got my attention.

It's the fact that there are a few of my Uncles' men standing near the windows and the doorway, holding semi-automatic guns. Tony speaks to Carmela in Italian quietly, and she walks out, leaving the pasta on the counter, without looking back, and the armed men follow her out.