Chapter 54

I look at my reflection in the mirror, and my eyes roam over the red-on-black lingerie Annalisa had bought me when we were in California. I have her on speaker as she's giving me a "pep talk" of sorts about the big night.

"Don't expect an earth-shattering, massive orgasm, Char. I mean, you've had some pretty good ones already, from what you've told me, but this is different.

It'll feel good once you get past the discomfort and pain, but it might not be until after the first few times; everyone's first time is different. Oh, and from what you've said about JP--you'll want to take some pain medicine cause you'll definitely feel it in the morning, girl!"

I laugh. "Okay, well, I just have to grab my shoes, and then I'm off."

Annalisa squeals into the phone. "I can't believe this is finally happening Char, you better call me tomorrow, with details!"

"I will, I promise," I tell her, and we hang up; I look at myself in the full-length mirror one last time. The red dress is low cut but still classy. It hugs my body, and the material is stretchy, so I don't feel like I can't breathe in it.

Taking a deep breath, I turn towards the door to meet JP in the house's foyer.

I hear voices as I come to the top of the stairs and look down. JP's back faces me as he talks to Joey and Santino, but they look up as I start making my way down, and JP turns.

His eyes travel down my body and back up, and my eyes do the same; he's wearing a white dress shirt with a charcoal Tom Ford suit. A few buttons of his shirt are undone, giving me a glimpse of the thin chain around his neck.

His hair is styled messily, the way I love. He smiles as I reach the bottom step, holding his hand out to me and brushes his lips over my knuckles, sending warmth throughout my body. "You are gorgeous, princess."

"Si, sei una bella donna, Charmaine." Santino says, smiling at me. (Yes, you are a beautiful woman)

"You kids have fun and don't stay out too late." Joey teases. "Oh, and don't forget to use a condom; I'm not ready to play uncle anytime soon." Joey states.

My face heats up at his bluntness while JP laughs, shaking his head.

JP leads me out the door, and I see he has his black Audi R8 parked in the front. He walks to the door opening it for me while holding my hand as I get in. He gets in, and we buckle up, and the engine purrs to life as he starts the car and pulls away from the driveway.

"How's your arm? Did it hurt when he took the stitches out?" I run my fingers in his hair on the side of his head and around his ear.

"No, it didn't. The skin itches, though, but Doc gave me some cream for it. I'll have to get my tattoo touched up since the wound fucked it up." He tells me. "But that'll be sometime later when the skins fully healed."

He rests his hand on my thigh, and I try to mask the shudder I feel at his touch. He smiles at me as if he knows the effect he has on me.

We spend the rest of the drive talking and laughing. JP laughs loudly when I tell him about Joey, repeating the scene from Wreck-It Ralph the night before.

We pull into the parking lot of the restaurant, and it looks busy. We're lucky to have the reservation JP made and get seated quickly. As the waiter pulls my chair out for me, I notice JP glowers at him for doing so. I grab JP's hand. "Stop it. He was chivalrous."

"It's not his job to be chivalrous, Char." I can't help but laugh at his over-the-top jealousy. I reach over and kiss him.

"Easy, tiger. You're the one taking me home, remember?" I pull back and wipe at the corner of his mouth where there's smudged color from my lipstick.