Chapter 25

*A/N: Trigger warning: graphic, violent scene in this chapter*

My eyes move from the gun he's pointing at me to him as he steps closer to me.

His head is shaved and covered with tattoos. Diamond stud earrings glisten in both ears, and the sinister smile on his face makes my blood run cold.

"Charmaine Bracco, Bobby Cardinale sends his regards."

Cardinale? Where have I heard that before? My mind is fighting to remember why that name sounds familiar, but at this moment, it doesn't matter.

I open my mouth to say something but the door I had come out of swings open again, and I see Joey standing there. First, he looks at me, then at the man with the gun.

The man turns with a look of shocked annoyance on his face, not expecting the interruption. Using that as my chance to disarm him, I quickly grab his hand, holding the gun and twist it, working to remove it from his grip.

The man's attention returns to me as we struggle, fighting to gain control over the gun; I decide to headbutt him, causing his grip to loosen.

I punch his throat and hit his hand, causing the gun to clatter on the ground, but then his hand wraps around my throat, slamming me against the building wall; pain radiates from my shoulders and head.

He sneers at me, breathing hard. "I heard you were a feisty bitch. You've got balls, baby girl."

I move my eyes over to the sound of grunting and punching; Joey is fighting with the other man. The one who is holding me barks out to the one dressed in black. "Take care of him!"

I watch as Joey lands a hit on the man in black, but then he returns with swift combinations of his own that knock Joey to the ground.

Joey tries to sweep the other guy's leg, but he catches his attempt and kicks Joey in the face instead.

I return my focus to the man in front of me, and I quickly twist my body then push the man's wrist in the same direction to have him release my throat, and I knee him.

He recovers quickly, though, and backhands me. My face throbs and I taste blood in my mouth, and I can still hear Joey struggling with the man in black.

I grunt in pain as I'm pulled by my hair and slammed into the wall again, this time facing the wall; the impact causes me to take in a sharp breath. He pulls me back against him, so I'm facing forward, and I feel the cold blade of a knife on my skin, pressed against my throat.

"You get to watch your friend die first, puttana." I struggle to get out of his grip, and he tightens the hold he has on me as I watch Joey struggling to fight. They are on the ground now.

It's almost like the man in black is toying with him.

"Finish him! They will come looking for them soon." The man holding me says.

I stomp my heel on his foot and elbow him hard. I turn to run, but he tackles me to the ground, then turns me roughly. I can't scream out as his hand covers my mouth; the other hand presses the knife into my throat.

"You smell good, puttana. I would have liked to feel those lips of yours around my cock." His hot breath blows into my ear. I move my head to stop him from putting his mouth on me.

"Charmaine!" Joey yells out for me. I look over and see him running towards me, but the man in black tackles him to the ground, and they begin grappling with each other again.

Joey doesn't move quick enough in transition and gives his back up to the man in black as he wraps his arm around Joey's neck quickly and squeezes. I scream against the man's hand, over my mouth.