Chapter 45

STELLA/CHARMAINE

I quickly fasten the belt on my robe and tighten it as I rush to open the door for my Uncle, smoothing my hair back, knowing it's wild from sleep.

I pull the door open, "Morning, Uncle..."

And then I see Tobias behind him. 

"Tobias..." I put on a bright smile, trying to hide my nervousness and move aside to let them come in.

"Scusami, I didn't mean to wake you up, cara mia." My Uncle walks in, and Tobias follows him in.

Uncle Timo moves across the room to take a seat on the lounge chair next to my window. "You seem to be getting better rest, though. Are you sleeping through the night, without the nightmares?"

"I have been sleeping better lately," I tell him, thinking of JP.

"That's great. That makes me very happy to hear." I watch as my Uncle fidgets with his cufflinks then his tie; he seems nervous.

He clears his throat, "Listen, I wanted to see if you wanted to go on a little trip with me today? I figure you and I don't spend a lot of time together, and it's been a while since we've done anything together, just you and I. So what do you say?" He asks, smiling at me, and my mouth drops open in surprise.

"Wow, Uncle Timo, that's nice of you to offer, but with the benefit tomorrow, I need to go dress shopping."

He shakes his head. "Don't worry, cara. We'll stop and pick one up for you as well. John Paul already asked me if he could take you." He says, still smiling. "And I've already ordered your mask."

"Okay, well, I'd love to. When do we leave, and where are we even going?" I smile, a little nervous about just being one on one with him.

"Great, we leave in a couple of hours. Dress comfortably. And I can't tell you; it's a surprise." He says, grinning at me. "I'll let you get ready. Tobias, didn't you have something to ask Charmaine as well?"

My Uncle excuses himself, and I turn my attention to Tobias, who is near my bathroom. "I wanted to see if I could take you up on your offer to watch the kids next weekend. I want to take Melanie out on a much-needed and overdue date night."

I smile at him and nod my head enthusiastically at him. "Yes, of course. I'd love to. Actually, why don't you have them spend the night so you can have a whole night to yourselves! It'll be fun to have a sleepover!"

Tobias laughs at my excitement. "Okay, I'll see what Melanie says; you know she's a mama bear who doesn't like to be away too long from her cubs, but thank you." He starts walking to leave, and I watch as he nears the bed he stops, looking down.

I'm horrified as I follow his gaze to the ground and see JP's Calvin Klein underwear near the leg of the bedpost. "Say hi to JP for me." He says it loudly, knowing JP can probably hear him, and looks over his shoulder, winking at me.

My face is literally on fire.

I hurry over to the bathroom and open it to see JP's partially dressed. I hold his boxer briefs out to him, smiling. "Missing something?"

JP looks at me, pursing his lips, his eyes slightly narrowed. "What the hell are you doing with these?" He tosses a small pink case at me, and I drop his underwear to catch what he throws my way.

Immediately, I know what he's referring to. "Why are you going through my stuff, John Paul?" He shrugs and walks around me, picking up his underwear and slips them on.

"I was bored; what else was I supposed to do in there? And you didn't answer my question, why do you have birth control? I thought you said you've never done anything with anyone before." He turns around to face me; his eyes are hard, assessing me.