Chapter 56

Preparations have been going on all day for Joey's birthday party tonight. And a DJ is currently setting up his equipment in the big dance hall of the house.

He's been like a little kid all week, excited for this day to arrive finally, driving everyone crazy, but he told us since it's his birthday 'week,' we have to be nice to him.

I check the time, and it's five minutes to nine when the party's supposed to start. I'm finishing getting dressed and am pairing the necklace my mom gave me with the charm bracelet JP gave me for my birthday.

They will go well with the rose gold, sheer strap, body con dress I'm wearing. My hair was in curlers, and I run my fingers through it to loosen the curls in big waves.

I head out of my room when Annalisa texts me that she's pulling up, but before I make it down the stairs, I see Santino open the door, and Annalisa walks in. He greets her, holding her hand as he twirls her around in her red, slinky cowl neck, short dress.

Santino blows a whistle. "You are gorgeous, Annalisa." She thanks him as she looks up at me as I finish making my way down the stairs.

"I love that dress, Charmaine!" She tells me and has me turn around. I thank her and compliment her on her usual hot, bombshell look, too.

I see she's holding a wrapped present in her hand and I tell her where the presents are being placed and lead her to the dance hall.

"Aww, is that for me, fancy face?" We turn and see Joey and JP coming from the hall where my Uncle's office is.

"No, I bought myself something to open at your birthday party," Annalisa tells him sarcastically. "Of course it's for you, moron."

Joey grabs the present from Annalisa and gives it a slight shake. "It's a framed naked photo of you, isn't it?"

"Nope," Annalisa smirks. "But knowing you, you'll end up using it by the end of the night."

He grins. "Now you've got me curious, sugar lips."

JP walks over to me and puts his arm around me, placing his hand on my hip, squeezing lightly. "You look amazing, princess."

I smile up at him. "So do you, as usual." I brush my lips against his.

The doorbell rings as more guests are arriving. The DJ starts playing music, and the bass from the song vibrates on the floor.

"Oh shit, JP. Do you remember the talent show dance we did for this song?" Joey asks excitedly.

JP shakes his head at him, chuckling. "Dude, we were like 10."

"I want to see this dance," I smirk at JP, but he shakes his head.

"Hell no!"

Joey grabs Annalisa's hand. "Come on, let's dance, doll face." He takes her towards the dance floor, exaggerating his dance moves, which makes Annalisa laugh.

"Do you want a drink?" JP asks me. I nod, and we walk over to the bar, where he orders me a Sex on the Beach, and he gets a Disaronno on the rocks for himself. I've never had a Sex on the Beach, but it's delicious and fruity.

A couple of hours later, the party is in full swing, and my face feels a little warm from the drinks I've had. I'm sitting on JP's lap on one of the couches as he's talking with a few of the men and other guests about a recent baseball game.

He runs his fingers through my hair, absentmindedly and I love that we always maintain contact with each other in different ways.

Annalisa is sitting next to Santino on the other couch, talking and laughing, and then I hear one of my favorite dance songs start to play, and I stand to grab Annalisa and pull her onto the dance floor with me.