CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

DYLAN

"There will be a lot of people there so I need you to be more careful with your team, " I tell the head bodyguard who is going to be maintaining the whole team. Today there are going to be five bodyguards with us. A lot of people are going to be in that event and after what happened last week, even the thought of someone getting closer to Avery terrifies me.

"Yes, sir," he answers.

"I don't want any danger lingering in a 5-meter radius of Avery. Is that understood?" I question, strictly.

"Yes, sir."

I nod at him and say, "Good."

"Dylan?" Hearing Avery's voice from the back, I turn around and take a few steps stepping into the living room. As soon as my eyes fall on Avery, everything stops. I can't even tell if I am breathing. My eyes rake her body head to toe. She is wearing a silvery gown which is flowy towards the bottom and clings to her curves on the upper part. The neck is so deep, it hits the end of her lower rib. And I dont need to be told that she is not wearing a bra beneath this dress. Her shoulder is as revealing. The fabric is clinging to the ends so that the dress doesn't fall off. Towards the end of her hands, she has a flowy thing similar to the bottom end of the gown. Her hairs are let loose in the back with a few curls hanging in the front. She looks like a fairy, an actual fairy. I dont know why she seems so overly beautiful right now, is it for the fact that she is or the fact that as much as I want to, I can't touch her or kiss her.

Snapping out of the haze, I clear my throat gently and ask, "Ready to go?"

She looks nervous. Her hands are fidgeting in front of her as she says, "Yeah." I nod and turn around. As soon as my face is turned, I let out a huge breath, I didn't even know I was holding. Not waiting for her, I walk out of the house and stop in front of the car. Avery walks out slowly and approaches the car. Her eyes move around the place and a frown appears on her face seeing so many people. She looks at me and then at the guard who is holding the door open for her.

Giving him a tight smile, she gets into the car, so do I from the other side. As soon as I am inside, she turns her body towards  me and asks in a hushed voice, "Why are there so many of them?"

While tying my seatbelt, I say, "We are going to a social event. There will be a huge crowd."

She goes silent for a moment before asking, "Oh...is there a danger?"

I give her a look and ask, "What do the scars on your body say?"

"I meant is the danger still there?"

I shrug. "Probably. Even if it's not, I'm not taking any chances."

She looks around at the guards who are now getting into the other car with one of them, approaching us. "Are they going to keep walking around with us?"

"Nope. They are just going to keep an eye on you all the time."

"Wow...ok." She opens her mouth again but before she can ask anything else, Jason, the head, gets into the front seat. of the car. Avery sits back in her seat and puts on her seatbelt, giving side glances to Jason. I can say that she is intimidated by him. After all, he is quite an intimidating man. Taller than me, much more muscular. He looks more of a giant. Even I was a bit intimidated by his first look when I met him months ago. But unlike his looks, he can be a pretty sweet guy a lot of times. He is going to be with Avery all the time.

The car starts and no one says anything throughout the ride. Avery keeps fidgeting in her seat and I pretend to not notice her. It is awkward as hell. Moreover that dress. Focus, Dylan.