CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

DYLAN

I get the bath ready and come back into the room. She is lying on my bed, naked, with her eyes closed. A thin layer of sweat covers her body, making her skin shine. My eyes travel from the bent knees, resting on the bed, to the top of her just fucked hair. I feel my cock harden just the sight of my wife lying naked in front of me. Walking up to her, I lean over and kiss her cheek. I run the tip of my nose on her cheek and down her jaw. She opens her eyes, fighting away the tiredness. A small smile kisses my lips as I whisper, "the bath is ready, baby."

She smiles up at me. Pushing my hands under her body, I scoop her in my arms. Circling her hands around my neck, she rests her head on my shoulder. I feel my insides melt and I walk us into the bathroom. Reaching the bathtub, I lower her into the water. She lets go of my neck and leans against the side, looking up at me with her dark green eyes surrounded by thick lashes. I push my trousers all the way down and step out of them. Slowly I get into the tub behind her and sit down with my legs on both her side. Circling my arm around her middle, I pull her closer to my chest and she comes. After the intense lovemaking, the need of feeling her against me and running my hands gently over her body is unbelievable.

My lips brush against her shoulder. I feel goosebumps rising on her shoulders and arms. She tilts her neck giving me better access and leans back against my front. Her head falls back over my shoulder and I kiss the way up her neck. I can tell that she is tired, I am too. After what happened today and what Mike told me, I just know there is a lot to go down in the next few days. Then there is Christmas. I just hope Avery doesn't get to know about anything before I tell her.

"Are you still mad at me?" Her little tired voice distracts me. Her finger is drawing circles on my right knee under the water.

"No. Are you?" I ask, cautiously.

"Nope, why would I be?" She tilts her head and shifts a little to look at my face.

I push away the hair from her face and cupping her cheeks, I say, "I yelled at you. I am sorry."

She kisses my jaw. "It's ok. I am sorry too." I smile down at her and pull her lips into a kiss.

"I cannot lose you, Avery," I say in all seriousness.

"I cannot either. I am sorry I scared you," she says, softly.

"It's alright, baby. Just never do that again." I kiss her lips softly.

"I promise I won't. And by the way, it's Olivia for you." I can't help but smile at her as she looks at me with her eyes filled with happiness and I know it is merely the reflection of my own.

We spend some time cleaning ourselves and leave the bathroom. With a towel wrapped around her, she stands in the middle of the dimly lit room. I walk up to my closet and pull on my boxers. I turn around to look at her, she stands there fidgeting with her fingers, biting her lips. She looks at me through her lashes. A small smile forms on my face and I grab one of my shirts and walk up to her. She takes it from me and says, "thanks."

After putting on my shirt and her panties, she climbs into the bed with me. I pull her closer to my chest and cover us with the comforter. She lays her head on my stretched out arm. Within some time, I hear her breaths become slow and composed, indicating she is asleep. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and kissing the top of her head, I whisper, "I love you."

She snuggles closer to my body and mumbles something that makes me go still, "I love you too, Dylan."

I look down at her, her eyes are still closed. She is asleep. My heart starts to flutter in my chest. I don't care if she was not conscious when she told me those three words, I am just happy to hear them coming from her mouth. Sighing, I close my eyes and drift off.

******
I walk out in the sun with Bear in my arms, or rather on my shoulder. I run my hands over his soft fur. He lays his head on my back, feeling relieved. This pup loves cuddles, like his mommy. "What's the condition there?" I ask on the phone.

"Hasn't gained back her consciousness yet, " Mike says from the other end.

"Okay..." I sigh.

"Did you tell Avery about her though?" Mike asks. I go quiet. I know I need to tell Avery about everything that is going on and I need to tell her now but I don't know-how. I sigh heavily. "You need to tell her this time, Dylan. The last time you kept something from her, you saw what happened. Do you want to make the same mistake again?"

I don't say anything for a long minute. Mike knows I am processing this in my mind. I agree with him. I always had this thing of keeping stuff to myself and trying to sort it out on my own. This time is no different. There are consequences in both ways. I can tell Avery everything but I don't know how she will react or I can keep it from her and make things worse. "Did you inform her parents?"

I hear Mike leave a frustrated sigh on the other end. "Yes, I have and they are probably going to inform Avery too."

"I know." There is no use in running away from the inevitable. It would be much better if she gets to hear it from me instead of from someone else. I don't want any problems between us. "I don't know how to tell her. What am I going to say? You know while searching for your attacker, we found your sister Julie instead, who in turn might be the one who wants to kill you."

"What?" I go still. shit.

Bear starts to wag his tail to and fro and at the voice of his mommy. "Was that Avery?" Mike asks. I slowly turn around on my heels, mentally preparing myself for putting the whole thing in front of her.

As my eyes fall on my wife, standing in front of me with a blank expression, I confirm, "yes." Staring at her emotionless face, I know this is the calm before the storm and that I've fucked up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 54 was a disaster. Why didn't you guys bash me in the comments? I was sleepy at that time. I don't even know why I posted it then. I know I've been writing a lot of smut lately but don't you worry, there is a ton of story left to be told. I can't wait to share the next chapters with you guys.

Love you all so much, my sweet potatoes. ❤