CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

AVERY

"What kiss are you talking about Dylan?" My voice comes out all squeaky but I don't care. I am beyond confused right now. Did we— No! No! That can't happen.

His eyebrows lift and his mouth opens and close a few times but nothing comes out. He gulps making his adam's apple bob. "Uh...um...ahem...You..." He mumbles and trails off.

"I kissed you that night, didn't I?" I ask in a hushed voice. I have lost my voice. My throat dries up and I feel my face getting heated up.

"Well...that and..." He brings his hand up to the collar, loosens his tie and pops open a button. "...more, " he says and pulls down the collar a little revealing a red spot...is that a hickey?!

"Oh my God!" I gasp and cover my mouth, and take a step back. "Did we...did we have...?" Please say no. I silently pray.

"No! No! I wouldn't do that! You were drunk, " Dylan adds quickly on realizing what I am asking. I let out a long breath I didn't know I was holding. I can't believe I gave him a hickey. He is the guy I hated with every bone of my body. What's up with me?!

I cover my face with both my hands and shaking my head vigorously, I say, "why didn't you tell me anything about it?!"

"I didn't think you would remember anything."

"Then why did tell me now?" I squeak and look at him. Damn, I can't even look at him now!

"Because you asked me!" He defends. "I figured maybe you remember something, after all."

I turn around and walk towards the other end of the room with shaky legs where lies the couch. I take a seat at the edge before I fall and put my head in my hands. "I can't believe I did that. Why didn't you stop me?!" I look up at him.

"I tried but you were sucking on my neck like a leech!" He stands up straight and my mouth falls open. I can't believe he said something like that. He can he blame me completely?!

Gritting my teeth I say, "I was drunk but you were sober right?" I pause and give him an accusing look, "Or were you enjoying it?"

His lips lift into a smirk and he slowly comes towards me with a mischievous look. I remain seated in my place with my eyes fixed ad him. As he reaches in front of me, he takes a seat at the edge of the small table in front of the couch and leans towards me, "Are you asking for a review, Olivia?" His voice, husky and his eyes pinning me at my place. Our faces are extremely close right now. I wonder how I would feel if I remembered the whole night vividly.

Quickly shaking off the thought I say, "No..."

"Well, in that case, it's okay. But otherwise, I can define the night in details." He leans back up, giving me a look of fake innocence. I can't help but groan at his comment. He lets out a little laugh making me shoot a glare at him.

"What else did I do?" Hoping it to be less embarrassing.

"Nothing..." He shrugs. "You just complimented me and did a bit of seduction, that's it." My eyes widen, almost pop out of my sockets.

"Oh my God..." I had and look down, putting my head in my hand.  "Is this why you were ignoring me on Sunday?" I ask while my head is still tilted down. When he doesn't answer I look to find him frowning with his eyes fixed outside the glass but I can tell that he is not looking at anything in particular. I reach out, gently touch his knee and call, "Dylan?"

He looks at me as if thrown out of his haze and hurries to answer, "Yeah. Yeah, that's why."

"Why do I feel like you are lying?" I ask quietly. Was he still mad about that graveyard thing?