CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

AVERY

"What if I didn't go in and came down instead?" Dylan asks suddenly glancing at me. My head was turned towards the window as I kept staring into the night streets. His question makes me turn my head towards him. We left his parents house ten minutes ago. Since then the drive has been quiet until now. It wasn't awkward though, it was a comfortable silence, at least for me. In this short time, I've grown to adore his company, even when we both are silent.

I sit up straight and answer, "then we would leave, I told you." I am not sure why he is asking that question or if he has something to get out of it.

He looks at me and gives me a doubtful look, "just like that? Would you not be upset?"

I look at him and give him a one-shouldered shrug. "A bit, I guess. But I know how hard it can be so I probably wouldn't push you any further." He looks at me with a grim face and looks back ahead, focusing on the road. I know he is thinking about something. I hate the fact that he isn't sharing his thoughts. Today as he cried, it hurt me too but knowing that he trusts me enough to cry is more than enough.  "The fact that you cried after coming out of there shows how painful it is." I give him a tight smile.

Keeping his eyes fixed at the road, he says, "and if you keep bringing that up, I'll stop sharing things with you." He rolls his eyes at me and huffs as he takes a turn.

Pursing my lips, I clarify, "Hey, it's not a big deal. It's healthy to cry and let your feelings out."

"You're the one to talk?" He lifts an eyebrow and glances towards me as an accusing look passes his face. My cheeks heat up of embarrassment and I look down at my lap. I know he is referring to the graveyard thing. How long is he going to use it against me?

"That was stupid, I know. And I said I was sorry. How long are you going to keep bringing it up?" I whine.

"For-fucking-ever." I gasp dramatically. He gives me a smirk and asks, "You cried in front of me you ran off to the graveyard, now where should I run off to then?"

I playfully pretend to be thinking and say, "mmmm...my bedroom!" The words leave my mouth before I can stop them.  I was planning on having a good come back. But I did a terrible job of it. His head snaps in my direction. His eyes almost popping out of his socket. His face says he can't believe I said that.

"What?" I stare at him, wide-eyed with dry mouth. I see a pinkish glow kiss his cheeks. He is blushing! I open my mouth and nothing comes out.

"I didn't mean it in that way, " I say after gaining back my voice. I wonder how awkward things are going to get after this comment. It can't be that awkward. C'mon, we kissed. I may not remember it but we did. And it's not like this is the first time this type of comment has been shared between the two of us but the first time when I am the one to comment.

"Of course you didn't mean it in that way. You have an innocent mind, right?" I am pretty sure his comment has to do something with Saturday night. For fuck's sake, I was drunk.

"Yes!" I press.

"Yeah sure, you just seduced me and kissed me that night because you were possessed right?" He mocks. I narrow my eyes at him while he smirks. Cocky as always.

"Well...I dont remember kissing you..." I giggle and look at him. He shakes his head, amused and focuses on driving. I look back out of the window but my cheeks are still warm. He says nothing after that. His expression turns grim. This man needs a thoughts converter. I choose to remain silent throughout the whole drive back home.

As we enter through the metal gates, he circles the fountain and stops in front of the door for me to get out. He drives into the garage to park the car. As I enter the house, Bear comes running to my feet. I crunch down and pick him up in my arms. "Aww, my baby," I say in a baby voice. "Missed mommy, didn't you, baby?" I start caressing his fur and walk into the living room.

I stroll up to my room with Bear in my arms and place him on my bed. "I'm sorry, mommy isn't giving you much time. But I promise we are going out on Sunday. Okay, baby?" Bear jumps around the bed wagging his tail. I smile broadly looking down at him and proceed to open my shoes.

On hearing a knock at my door, I turn around. "Yes?" Mrs Griffin is already gone. Bear didn't wanna sleep so I told her to leave him in the living room. Dylan made it pet friendly by removing all the sharp things that could hurt him. I wonder why Dylan wants to talk about, is it about what I said? I hope not.

Dylan pushes the door open and steps in. He has a thoughtful expression on his face, leaving me to conclude what is to come. "Can we talk...?"

"Yeah sure..." I turn around and face him completely. He takes a few steps towards me and stops. He looks at me practically pinning me with his grey eyes at my place.

"You don't remember that night, do you?" Why is he asking that question now?

"Which night?" I know very well which night he is talking about but I choose to play dumb.

"Saturday night. When we kissed..." He is nervous. His voice is tense. I take a step closer to him, keeping barely some inches gap between the two of us. One more step and our chests would be flushed against one another.

"No, I don't, " I mumble. I look straight into his eyes, unable to look away. As if those eyes are drawing me in. The thin bluish lines around his dilated pupil are standing out from so close. A mesmerising combination on a grey frame.

"It was our first 'actual' kiss." I nod slowly understanding what he means. Our wedding kiss was barely a peck with no emotions involved what so ever. I wish I remembered that night better than a blurry image of a cold night.

I wish I remembered the way it felt. I remember the feeling of his lips against mine vividly from our wedding day. I remember how it feels to be held by him but it must have been blissful. Pushing my way back to present my focus lies on his eyes, ever so expressing. My mind shuts off as always. Only the ruffling of leaves and the scratching sound of the beaches against the glass panes of the window can be heard.

He brings up his hand and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, his knuckles brushing against my cheek. He slowly opens his mouth and says, "I dont like the fact that you dont remember our first kiss." Unable to process anything completely, I state blankly into his eyes. Although his words seem to make no sense, in my head it is completely clear. He breaks the eye contact and lets his eyes fall on my lips. Taking the cue my eye leaves his and fall on his lips. And the next moment, his lips are on mine.

My lips start to move instantly and I push myself on my tiptoes. My eyes are closed and I am completely devouring this moment. His tongue starts making its way into my mouth. His hand cups my cheek and tilts gently deepening the kiss. My hands find their way to his hair and I push my fingers through them. Gripping and tugging on them.

A shaky moan leaves his mouth and his hand on my hip tightens. He pulls me closer to his body letting me feel his heat. This kiss is not a normal one. It seems as if he is searching for something. At the same time running away from it. I dont know why I feel so, but I do. I clutch his shoulder tighter to keep myself up on my tiptoes. His tongue sweeps across my lower lip making me suck in a sharp breath.

Our lips part as we run out of breath. His hands are still there where they were just his grip on my hips has loosened. I keep my eyes closed when he presses his forehead against mine. As we keep panting I focus on his breaths. His warm scent encircles me. "Consider this our first kiss, " he speaks. I am still dizzy with the kiss when I open my eyes slowly as my breathing subsides. Our eyes meet and my breathing stops. I know Dylan is extremely handsome but in no way is this legal. He looks godlike breathtaking. His cheeks are flushed holding a soft pink hue, his pupils dilated than ever. "Good night, Olivia, " he whispers and presses his lips against my forehead. My eyes drift close and I let them. I dont open my eyes when I feel his lips leaving my forehead and his hands getting removed from my body. I wait there with my eyes closed until I hear the bedroom door click close. I open my eyes slowly and stand there still, surrounded by his scent. I dont stop myself from I'm having his aroma, still fonding on the feeling of his body pressed against mine. The moment starts to reply in my head over and over again. It was the best first kiss ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE, MAH LUVS! <3