CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

AVERY

"Ma'am you are supposed to meet Mr Keith in ten minutes." I look up at Stacy, who is poking her head through the door.

"Oh yeah. Thanks for the reminder, Stacy." I smile at her and complete signing the papers in front of me. After gathering up the papers and the files, I head out. I reach the gate of the hospital and take a step out in the compound. My eyes scan the area for the guards. Jason and Rob are both heavily built and have intimidating personalities but they are good. Jason is soft-spoken and Rob is the quiet one. When I don't find either of them, I look over at the spot where their car stands. I don't spot their car either. Dylan gave me 'strict' instructions to not take a step without them. Provided that they were not outside my office and their car is not here, I figure they must have left to go get something to eat. I pull my phone out, 3 texts. One is from Jason. It says they are going to be back in 10 minutes and to call him if I need anything. Well seems like 7 minutes are left. Oh, and there is a text from my husband too. Biting back the smile forming on my face, I open the text.

Dylan: Just took a nap, couldn't sleep well :((

Grinning down at the text like a fool, I make my way to my car while typing the reply.

Me: try taking a bath.

His reply comes instantly. Sneaky bastard.

Dylan: Waiting for my wife to get back from work. We like cleaning each other ;) had a good shower this morning.

I purse my lips together to hold back the smile and open my gallery. While getting dressed this morning, I decided to take a mirror selfie in my...well, just my panties. I don't know why I did it. It's not like I do it every day. I pull it up and send it off to Dylan. Silencing the phone, I throw it onto the seat and drive off.

Halfway to the restaurant, I realize I didn't text Jason, damnit. But it doesn't really matter, it is close anyway, just about four blocks away. I continue driving. I'll just text them before leaving or something.

I drive towards the restaurant but my mind keeps going back to Dylan. I can't help but wonder what is his reaction. Okay, I kind of already know that. After parking the car, I go in.

I spot Mr Cameron Keith at the table the waitress is leading me towards. "Hi, Dr Simpson, " he says standing up and holding out his as I reach him. We've worked with him before, he is a government representative.

Shaking his hand, I nod. " Nice to see you, Mr Keith. By the way, it's Walker now, " I say correcting him politely. His eyes fall on my left hand's ring finger.

He smiles warmly. "Oh, congratulations on your marriage. I'm sorry I didn't know."

"It's alright. Shall we start?" I ask, moving towards my chair.

"Yes, sure, " he says and we both sit down.

The meeting goes on for quite a while. The offer sounded pretty good definitely something I would like to work more with. I am all up for treating animals be that stray or farm. After the meeting, we bid goodbyes and leave. While in the parking lot, I pull out my phone which I had previously silenced and put into my purse. As soon as the screen lights up, my phone floods with incoming texts. Seeing the names, the number of texts and missed calls, my heart sinks to the pit of my stomach.

Dylan: Holy Fuck, Olivia. Get yo ass back home. This is soo good!!

His first message was about the picture luckily but...the rest.

Dylan: Where the fuck are you?
Dylan: Why did you leave without Jason and Rob?
Dylan: Pick up my fucking calls!
Dylan: Call me right now.