CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN

AVERY

"You?!" I shriek, unable to believe my eyes. Madelyn, Dylan's assistant stands right in front of me with her gun pointing this way.

"Who else did you think was it?" She cocks her head sideways and asks. A devilish smirk spreads on her lips. Her voice sounds different, a lot different. It isn't that sweet innocent tone, I remember.

"H-how did you get in?" I ask and press myself against the edge of the stone top. I start looking around. Gripping the edge, I try to think of any sharp object that could be here. Maybe even a bottle, but that would be a bad move. She has a gun!

"You don't have to worry about that honey, " she smiles at me, a creepy, scary smile. I gulp and bite my lips. I am literally shaking right now. Where are Jason and Mrs. Grifffin?

"What did you do to Jason and Mrs. Griffin?" I ask while trying to move away from being right in front of the mirror.

"They are taken care of." My heart sinks at the words. What did she do to them? Did she hurt them...? God she is crazy, she can do anything!

A man appears by her side. A big, husky man. My eyes widen realizing that she is not alone. The man steps inside the bathroom and begins to move towards me. "No!" I cry out in horror. As I leap on the other side of the room, he wraps his arm around my waist and places his large hand on my mouth muffling my screams. I begin to thrash and throw my legs but nothing is helping. I try to push him with my hands, scratch him, nothing.

"No, no, you don't want to do that, honey, " Madelyn says in a low tone, marked with a silent warning. Tears keep rolling down my eyes. I can barely breathe. My body seems to be getting dizzy and giving up. "Let's go, " she whispers and nods towards the door as an evil smile spreads across her lips.

The man begins to drag me towards the bedroom. I keep thrashing. He is so strong, that none of my movements seems to affect him. He carries me out of the bedroom and down the hall. I try to scream as loud as I can but it all sounds faint. When he starts dragging me down the stairs then to the garage, sobs start breaking through my whole body.

"Put her into the trunk." My eyes widen and I try to scream. I try to pull his hands away from my mouth. I try to stop him from dragging me into the garage with my legs. He gives me a thrash from behind and my ankle bends making me cry out in pain.

Through my blurry vision, I see Madelyn opening the trunk. I shake my head, crying. She moves to my side and the hand gets removed from my mouth. "Help!" I scream, at the top of my voice but immediately a piece of cloth gets stuffed into my mouth while the man pins my wrists to my body. Madelyn ties my mouth quickly.

"You don't know, all I want to do right now is shoot you, " she grits through her teeth and fisting my hair, she tugs at it hard. I whimper in pain and squeeze my eyes shut. Leaving my hair, she moves in front and ties something sharp around my wrists and my legs.

The man shoves me into the back of my car and slams close the trunk. I begin thrashing. No one will know where I am. They are taking my car. Everyone will think I am leaving. My windows are tinted. There is no way someone will be able to hear me. And...my baby. What if I am pregnant?

Feeling helpless, I rest my head on the headboard and let the warm tears flow. My body keeps shaking with the sobs as I hear the engine start and feel the car put to drive. Squeezing close my eyes, I give up fighting.

After about twenty minutes, I feel the car stop and my heartbeat quickens. My eyes are already swollen. I can barely feel my body. Madelyn opens the trunk door and the man comes to stand beside her. I begin shaking my head. Madelyn looks at the man and silently gestures towards me. He leans in and pulls me out of the back of the car. I thrash but I know all that is vain.