CHAPTER FOUR

As I make my way to the limo, I attempt my best to wipe off my face to remove the stain of tears on my cheeks. It's not like I am afraid to be vulnerable to anyone. People who have something to lose are afraid, I am hollow. I just don't want to answer all those questions that will arise after seeing my face.

Surprisingly, when I get into the car, Dylan says nothing other than ordering the driver to start the car. I am pretty sure my makeup is all smudged and it must be obvious that I have been crying. I appreciate his gesture though. I needed some time. Now that he is my husband, he was supposed to be asking me questions but he didn't.

The rest of the ride, I remain silent externally, but the internal turmoil continues until the huge metal gate distracts me. The limo enters through the gate and comes into view the fountain in the middle of the area. Circling the fountain, the car stops in front of the steps which further leads to a huge wooden door. I am still looking out through the window when the car door is opened by a man in a black coat. His large figure is quite intimidating and by seeing the way he is dressed, I assume...a bodyguard? Wait, what?! A bodyguard!

"Ma'am." He waves his hand holding the door open for me to get out. I climb out, still digesting the fact that Dylan has a bodyguard. Groaning, I begin stomping towards the stairs.

"Olivia, " Dylan's voice makes me slow down and he reaches and puts his hand on the small of my back. This obviously makes me shoot a glare in his direction however he ignores it and leads us into the house.

The huge wooden door, now opened for us to step in, holds elegant curvings throughout its length. As we step in, a beautiful blonde woman greets us. "Welcome, Mrs Walker." I return the smile that she was offering but with no enthusiasm.

"This is Mrs Griffin, and this is Olivia."

"I prefer Avery. Nice to meet you." I nod in her direction. I could feel Dylan's gaze on me but I do my best to ignore.

"Mrs Griffin, could you take Olivia to our bedroom?" Did he not hear what I just said?!

"Can I get a separate room, if you dont mind?" I glance at Dylan. There is no way I can share a bedroom with a complete stranger. Surprisingly, Dylan nods, as if he expected this.

"Sure. Not a problem." He looks at Mrs Griffin. "Take her to the guestroom across the hall."

While this very discussion happened, I forgot about Mrs Griffin. When I look at her, her expression is exactly the way I expected. Her eyes are almost popping out and I can say she wants to bombard us with questions. It's best to ignore this reaction until I figure these few hours completely in my own head.

However, to my advantage, she quickly recovers and waves towards the living room. "This way, Mrs Walker."

"Wait!" She halts and turns around with a curious look. I turn towards Dylan. "My clothes."

"There are a few in your room and the rest will be brought here by tonight. Just give me the keys, " he says, as he pulls out his phone from his pocket.

"My car."

"Your uncle has it, you'll get it by tonight as well, " he says, now distracted by whatever the hell he is doing on his phone. Firstly, he emerges out of the blue and puts a ring on my finger then drags me into his haunted mansion and doesn't even bother to pay attention to what I am saying!

"My dog, " I grit through my teeth.

His head immediately snaps up from his phone and he looks at me as if I had just said that I am carrying a bomb. "You have a dog?" Why this reaction? Dogs are better than you. Actually, everyone is better than you!

Skipping my thoughts, I fold my arms against my chest. "Yes, isn't that what I just said?"

"Yeah...Uhm... You can..." Damn! That's a dog, not a lion!

"I can pick him up on my way to work tomorrow, " I say when I realise he has no intention of completing his sentence.

"Cool." Before he can irritate me anymore with his face, I stomp away towards the living room, only slowing down to let Mrs Griffin lead me.

I do reach the staircase without looking around but that doesn't mean the expensive and exquisite decor of the living area misses my notice. I wonder if he even maintains these on his own. Of course not! Why did I even bother to consider anything else? I don't want to say this but the staircase is beautiful as well.

I follow Mrs Griffin to where she leads me, crossing a few doors on each side of the hallway. As we reach the far end, she turns to the left and opens the door for me. "This is your room, Mrs Walker."

She lets me step inside the room and enters behind me. Crossing the room, she opens the closet on the far end of the room exposing a set of branded dresses. "These are the things sir told us to keep ready for you."

"Yeah, thanks, " I give her a tight smile. I just want to get rid of this heavy over the top dress and the hundreds of clips biting my head. And probably cry a bit...

"Call me if you need anything, " she says before closing the door and leaving.

I push the lace sleeves off my shoulders and let the dress fall on the floor like a fine silk cloth. Leaving me in nothing but my panties. It feels good to be shedding off the cover finally, both material and invisible. Unfortunately, it's safer to keep a cover on when between a crowd not worth exposing your true self to. Tears start marking their presence once more while I try to hold on my composure until the sound of the shower can cover my sobs.

Walking up to the cupboard, I pull out a baggy top and sweats and turn around when there is a knock at the door. But before I can answer, I hear the click of the doorknob and the door opens to reveal a fully dressed Dylan, who now stands in front of my naked frame with a horrified expression.