Volume 2- CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

Beginning of VOLUME 2 🎉

I am extremely excited to present to you the first chapter of volume 2 and the 51st chapter overall! I am so happy to be posting this rn. A lot is to come with the following chapters!!! Though I must let you know, the uploads might be a bit slow as my exams are knocking at the door. Haha! But I have to keep posting. For those who have shown so much love in the previous part and for myself. Love you all, my cuties! Hope you enjoy this part!! Do let me know how you feel and Peace✌️

AVERY

I sit silently in the car, trying my best to get out but every time I gather up. the courage, a bad feeling holds me back. I turn my head towards the metal gate of the graveyard for the tenth time, and the bad feeling is back. Sighing heavily, I place my hands on the steering and rest my forehead against the back of my hands. A buzzing sound from my phone makes me lift my head. The screen is lit up with Dylan's name. Reaching out, I grab the phone from the other seat and press it against my ear. "Hey..."

"Where are you? It's already 8." I hear shuffling noise in the background. I've been sitting here for half an hour now, trying to get out. I rest my head against the seat and sigh.

"Yeah, I am on my way..." I answer him and look out of the window.

"Are the guards with you?" Glancing at the rearview mirror, I see the silver car of the guards behind me. They have been with me, since the morning. Although I am allowed to drive my car, Dylan does not want me to go anywhere on my own. When I stopped here an hour ago, one of them, Rob, as I recall his name, came up to me and asked if I had any problem. I know Dylan cares for me and that is why he made these arrangements but it will take me a long time to get used to this.

I nod, forgetting he can't see me and then answer, "Yeah, they are behind me."

"Okay, get home soon."

"Yeah..." I hang up and throw the phone to the seat. I turn the car back on and press the gas. The tyres make a screeching noise against the road and soon I am away from the graveyard. Although I try to focus on the road, the fact that I couldn't make myself go to Marc makes it next to impossible.

On reaching home, I park my car in the garage and get down, still pondering over the hundreds of thoughts running through my head. I walk into the house, with my head turned towards the floor. As I enter the living room, two hands fall on my shoulders and I look up to find Dylan searching my face with a frown. "Are you ok?" I didn't even notice him come towards me.

I nod and lets go of my shoulder. Stepping past him, I mutter, "Why would you think I am not?"

"I don't know..." he shrugs and asks, "Why are you late?"

Walking up to the couches, I bend over and open my shoes. "Just work..." I don't turn around.

He walks up to my side and asks, "Are you sure?" I look at his face. His frown has deepened. His hands are crossed against his chest and his hair wet making it known that he just got out of the shower. As much as I would like to draw an image of that in my mind, it will only make things worse right now.

"Yeah...I'm kinda tired, I'll just go freshen up," I say, nonchalantly.

"Okay, cool." Without waiting anymore, I walk up to my room and get into the shower after undressing as quickly as possible. As the warm water hits my shoulders, I flinch a little bit soon ease out. My muscles begin to relax and all the thoughts seem to get washed away along with the water.

I stand under the water for some more after washing my body and hairs and step out. I walk out of the bathroom and put on a sweatshirt and a pair of Micky Mouse PJs. Well yes, it is my room. I am still staying in my room. We haven't talked about me moving into Dylan's room. The idea is there but I dont know I feel about it yet.