CHAPTER ONE ✔️

Author's note: Thanks a lot for clicking on this story! This is my first story and it has a lot of mistakes. The first few chapters may come off as boring but I request you to keep reading for a while. Maybe you'll like it. I've tried my best to make this story heart touching and emotional. I must mention that this is not the typical bad boy good girl story. I wanted to create a hero that is a little different.

Hope you'll like the story!

Thank you!!!!

! EDIT: PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER. !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I love you." There I said it. Well, not me. It's the vodka. I seriously shouldn't have had that much alcohol. I usually don't but hey, it's my graduation day. I can have a little fun. But yeah I never thought that fun would have any sort of consequences.

"You do?" His voice comes out in a raspy whisper. I nod looking directly into his eyes so that he can see the truth in my eyes.

"And not in a platonic way, " I add quickly.

Marcus has been my best friend since I can remember and I've been in love with him since I realized what falling in love is. I knew it was wrong to be letting any sort of emotion building inside me for him. And it's not like I haven't tried to kill those feelings, only they have grown and strengthened over these years.

You know that kind of best friend who has been living in your neighbourhood, having sleepovers, having lunch and dinner at your house, keeping their things at your house and basically living with you? That's who Marcus has always been. Ever since I was born, we have been inseparable. Our parents knew it and so did we. Finally, when we were about to start college, we remained stuck with our original plan and moved in together.

And you know the worst part? Along with those silly feelings, I started noticing those things which I never had. Like seeing a shirtless Marcus wasn't something I haven't experienced as a child but imaging my hands on his naked chest was a problem I started facing. I ended up requesting him to keep a shirt on while moving around the apartment. Luckily, we had separate rooms but even that wouldn't have been the case if his father and my uncle wouldn't have seen the probability of future grandchildren and prevented that from happening.

However, my parents didn't get to encounter my 'friendship' with Marcus. I was three when they got into a car accident and I lost them. My Uncle Tom lived in the same neighbourhood so I didn't have to stay away from Marc when I moved in with them.

Julie, my cousin knew about my feelings for Marc and have been insisting me to make a move for since long. But the same old fear of spoiling the friendship has kept stopping me. And probably I did that very thing by blurting out my feelings. I probably should have added 'in a platonic way. I am frantically searching for a way to cover this mess when Marc speaks again.

"I love you, Avy girl, and not at all in a platonic way!" Barely has the words left his mouth when I smash my lips against his. Caught off guard at first, he stills and then slowly eases into the kiss and starts kissing me back. The sweet and sombre first kiss turns into a hungry demanding one in no time. I don't know what came over me that I did it. The best part? I don't regret doing it. After all, it's about time.

Finally, he pulls away and we look into each other's eye, panting. Both of our faces are hot and we are merely holding back the happiness on our faces. "Let's take the celebration home," he says in a husky whisper. I haven't seen this side of Marc, like ever. And I would surely love to learn more about it.