Chapter 40

(A/N: For Makoto, I've noticed that some people want futanari while others want normal yuri. So I decided to come up with a compromise and I want to know what you guys think. It's a bit of a weird concept but it's something I thought that would satisfy both sides. Makoto will have female genitalia from now on, however, every month similar to a period, she'll become futa for a week before going back to normal. If you guys think this concept is okay, please tell me. Or if you guys think I should just stick with Makoto being completely futanari.)

Makoto took her place beside Ymir and Historia as they were being briefed by Commander Erwin about their mission to head to Ehrmich District to join the rest of the Scout Regiment in Wall Rose's territory. As much as she hated going on missions, she willing went along with this one.

Once the meeting was dispersed, Nanaba approached the woman. "I'm surprised to see that you're joining. But I'm glad you're coming along." She said with a warm smile. Her smile was returned with a cold stare.

"Don't get the wrong idea. If any one of you are getting eaten by a titan, don't think I'm gonna help you." She snarled, "I'm going to keep Ymir and Christa safe. So stay out of my way."

Makoto shoved past the older woman with her shoulder, heading toward Ymir and Historia who were waiting for her.

"What's up with that?" Ymir asked, signalling at Nanaba who was staring at the hybrid.

"Nothing important. Come on, let's just get ready." Makoto grumbled, walking off with the other two.

For the rest of the mission, Makoto mostly stayed off on the sideline, keeping an eye out for her two friends. Eventually nightfall came and they took refuge in Utgard Castle. Getting off their horses, the rest of the group began to head inside the castle, leaving Makoto behind.

She gently rubbed the snout of her horse, getting a gentle nudge in return. Makoto let out a soft chuckle before continuing to pet her horse. "Didn't know you were a fan of animals."

Makoto's ears perk and her posture stiffened, she looked behind her to see Nanaba watching her. "Do you always watch people creep?" The hybrid scoffed before stepping away from her horse. Nanaba frowned at Makoto's hostile response. Just as the taller girl walked past to go inside, Nanaba spoke up, "I'm sorry."

Makoto stopped in her tracks, not looking back. "What the hell are you blabbering about?"

"I know you didn't want to come back in the first place. Sorry you got dragged back here, but that doesn't mean you can treat everyone like shit." She declared, "I've done nothing to you so why are you treating me like this?!"

Makoto grinded her teeth, keeping her back turned. She shook her head and continued walking, leaving Nanaba alone outside.

She opened the door to be hit with the smell of booze, she watched as some of the recruits were already having drinks. She made her way toward Ymir and Historia, sitting between the both of them. Historia greeted her by nuzzling up to her side and Ymir leaned her head against hers.

"You're freezing," Historia said with a cute pout as she took Makoto's hands in hers, gently rubbing them to warm them up.

"Yeah, wouldn't want you to be cold," Ymir chuckled and wrapped an arm around Makoto's waist. Makoto can feel her cheeks flare up with embarrassment as she stared intensely at the ground. She couldn't help but feel flustered being the center of attention. Out of the corner of her eye, She can see Nanaba watching them and with something in her eyes. Makoto couldn't tell what it was but it sent a slight shiver down her spine.

"You look so cute~" Ymir whispered into Makoto's ear, causing the other girl to blush harder. Her wolf ears flatten against her head and she swallowed hard. "I-I've never been called that before." Makoto stuttered before clearing her throat. Historia giggled and gently pinched Makoto's cheek, "You know, when you're not acting all scary. You're more like a wolf pup rather than a savage wolf."