Chapter 23

Makoto stays still for a while until she finally looks up to look at the person in front of her. She is greeted by warm, kind blue eyes. 

"Christa?" Makoto whispers and sniffles and Christa looks at her with concern as she places a soft hand on Makoto's cheeks. Makoto can't help but lean against her hand. She didn't feel like fighting or putting up a tough persona right now.

]"Hey, it's okay. We won't tell anyone. We're here for you." Christa says softly as her thumb strokes her cheek. I sighed and closed my eyes, enjoying her touch.

The person embracing Makoto from behind squeezes her tighter. Makoto turns her head to look at who it was. She makes eye contact with warm, welcoming brown eyes. Ymir gives her a small comforting smile and nods at Christa's statement.

"Thanks," Makoto whispers loud enough for them to hear. Christa moves to sit down on her left as Ymir moved to sit on her right. Christa lifts her arm up and nuzzles up against her body and places her arm around her. Ymir intertwines their fingers and leans against her, placing their hands on her lap. 

The pang in her heart and the sinking feeling in her stomach slowly disappears and she feels her problems drift away as the warmth from Ymir and Christa distracted her from her problems.

"Hey, Makoto. If you don't mind us asking, why were you crying?" Ymir asks as she squeezes her hand. 

"I don't know... I guess I just kinda... broke. I feel lonely in a way." She shrugs. They didn't ask anything else and only nuzzles closer. 

She looks up at the stars again, noticing how they're shining brighter now or it could be just her. She feels happier this time when she looks up and even begins to smile.

"Makoto," She hears Christa whisper softly, making her look down at her. Christa shifts closer and Makoto can feel her breath hitch as Christa moves closer. She watches as the distance between them close and she presses their lips together. Christa's kiss was sweet and gentle. Makoto can almost feel her mind go dizzy. 

As she pulls away from the kiss, a hand is placed on her cheek, turning Makoto's head away from Christa to face Ymir. She leans in and also places her lips on Makoto's, not giving her any time to process what was happening. Her kiss is different from Christa's, it's passionate and caring.

When the kiss was over, Makoto's mind races and tries to process everything that just happened. Her cheeks flush dark pink as her heart hammered loudly in her chest. She can hear her heartbeat thumping in her ears. 

Makoto isn't sure how to respond as she keeps opening and closing her mouth, trying to find the right words to say.

"Hey, it's okay if you don't know what to say yet. We know it was out of nowhere so we don't expect you to have the right words to say to us." Ymir reassures, "We just hope we didn't make things awkward. We know that you probably don't feel the same way since you're a demisexual so no rush okay?"

Makoto shakes her head, "No, it was just surprising that's all. I... I actually kinda liked it.." She looks away blushing, she can't believe she's admitting to liking a kiss from a human. But how can she not? Those kisses were something else.

The two girls smile at her before the three of them lay down on the grass beside one another. Christa nuzzles closer against Makoto, wrapping her arms around her neck while Makoto wraps an arm around her waist. Ymir lays her head on Makoto's collarbone, wrapping her arms around the girl.

"Hey Makoto?" Christa speaks up, catching the girl's attention. "Call me Historia," She says. Makoto looks at her confused but doesn't question her and nods in response.

It didn't take long for Historia to fall asleep in her arms and Ymir shifts closer to Makoto. "You know you're not alone. I know it's tough but you're not the only one people see as a monster." Ymir says quietly to her. Makoto turns her head to look at her, waiting for her to explain what she means.

Ymir sighs but kisses her cheek, "Don't worry about it okay? You'll know soon enough. But until then, remember you're not alone." 

Soon enough, Ymir also falls asleep, leaving Makoto the only one awake. She sighs  and wraps her other arm around Ymir so she wouldn't get cold.

If it wasn't for these two, I wouldn't have even thought about sleeping out here. It would have gotten too cold from the breeze. But now, I felt warmer and safer.

Makoto lets out a quiet yawn before closing her eyes and falling into a dreamless sleep.