Chapter 20

Makoto has been looking for Petra for hours but still couldn't find her. She sighs and sits down under a tree, leaning against it and taking a  breather. "Where could she be?" she says to herself as she leans her head back with her eyes closed.

When she opens her eyes, she notices that someone was sitting up on one of the tree branches and they had skirt on.

Makoto squints her eyes a bit and tilts her head confused, "Panties?"

Then she hears a feminine scream, causing her to stand up and look around. She looks up again to see it was Petra blushing madly and she chucks an acorn at Makoto's head, "Pervert!"

It catches her off guard and she flinches hard when it hits her head. She groans and holds it in pain, taking a seat on the grass as pain spread through her skull. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" Petra says as she climbs down the tree and runs towards her. She bends down next to her and looks around panicked. 

"I'm fine." Makoto groans slightly and tries to open her eyes. She can feel Petra's hands gently take her head and lay her down on the grass. It takes a while but soon her head was feeling better and the pain dispersed. Makoto can finally open her eyes and she sees Petra looking down at her with concern.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to throw it that hard." She apologizes and gently places her hand on my forehead where she hit her. Makoto flinches slightly and grumbles. "Sorry...." She whimpers and removes her hand. Makoto can see tears forming in her brown eyes.

"Why are you crying? You're not the one that got hit with acorns." Makoto says, raising her eyebrow at her. 

"I'm sorry, I-" 

"Stop," Makoto cuts her off and sat up then sits up to look at her. "You. Need to stop apologizing to me. You didn't do anything wrong." 

She stares at me in silence and sniffles softly. Makoto sighs and pats her head gently. "Don't... cry okay?" Makoto says, unsure what to do next. She eventually stops and removes her hand and speaks up again, "So why are you mad at me?"

"It's stupid.." Petra says, looking away frowning.

"It's clearly not stupid if it's bothering you that much." Makoto says. "Is it because of that kiss? Why does it matter if we kissed or not?"

"Yea it does!" She snaps making Makoto look at her with suspension.

"Why huh? Is it because she's a military police?" Makoto asks confused. 

"N-No it's not that!" She stutters nervously.

"Then what Petra?! Then what is it?!" Makoto snaps, getting frustrated.

"I don't know okay! Fine maybe it was the stupid kiss betwen not only Annie but Nanaba! It bothers me!" She finally confesses and her cheeks turn pink, realizing what she says.

Makoto looks at her, still confused, "What? Are you jealous of some kiss?"

Petra doesn't say anything and looks away.

Is she just the type to get jealous of other people having physical affection?

Makoto moves closer to Petra, closing the distance between them.

"Wait what are you doing?!" Petra squeaks in surprise as she watches the taller girl lean in. Makoto doesn't say anything but places a small kiss on her forehead.

"There. Now stop being jealous. If you want physical affection so badly, why don't you ask the other generals for a hug or something?" Makoto says.

Petra sits there, dumbfounded at how dense Makoto is but also how bold she just acted just then.

Makoto looks up at the sky and notices the sun setting. "Hey, let's get going. The sun is going down and it's gonna get cold soon." She says as she stands up, holding a hand out for Petra.

She takes her hand and pulls herself up and the both of them walk back, the small kiss still lingering on her forehead.