History Journal 3: Ichijo Parents

Mother: Mizuki Ichijo Father: Akihiko Ichijo

Father: Akihiko Ichijo

Early life of Mizuki: 
Born and raised in the underground city, she lived in a strict household with two younger brothers and her father. Her mother had passed away after giving birth to one of her brothers. Mizuki is a descent from Wind's bloodline. Being the only female in the household, she tended to house chores and followed her parents' orders. Her father was an alcoholic and became violent whenever she disobeyed his orders. When Mizuki was 19 years old, she had enough of her father. During one of her father's drunken attacks, Mizuki was able to knock him unconscious with a nearby vase. She used this opportunity to escape and start a new life in the city above.

She started her new life in the Shiganshina District, where she found a place to stay and work. At work, she befriended a fellow co-worker named Carla. Their friendship quickly blossomed into something more, and the two became romantically involved for one year. However, their relationship soon came to an end when Carla fell for a man named Grisha. 

Heartbroken, Mizuki quit her job at the bar, unable to face Carla again. She quickly found work at a bakery that was owned by a sweet old lady. 

Early life of Akihiko:
Since he was a baby, he had lived in an orphanage within the Shiganshina District. Being a hybrid, Akihiko often got bullied by the other kids. He stayed at the orphanage for 18 years since no one wanted to adopt a hybrid as their own child. At the age of 18, he was forced to leave since he was no longer considered a child. He became homeless and took shelter in one of the ghetto areas of Shiganshina District. He became a pickpocketer and stole what he could to survive.

One day, a shop owner caught Akihiko pickpocketing one of his customers. Rather than reporting Akihiko to the military police, the shop owner noticed how hungry and dirty he looked. Taking pity on the hybrid, the shop owner offered him a job only if he stopped pickpocketing. Grateful for the offer, Akihiko took the job and started a new life working as a delivery boy.

How they met and fell in love:
The two first met when Akihiko came by the bakery to drop off flour for a delivery. The two didn't speak to one another at first, but Akihiko became to come by more often to drop off deliveries. The two eventually began talking since Akihiko always came around. They quickly became close friends and would explore the district together.

 Mizuki and Akihiko started developing feelings for one another after a year of being friends. Mizuki was the first to confess, causing Akihiko to become a flustered but happy mess. After dating for two years and living together at Mizuki's place, the pair got married.

Children:
Sometime after their marriage, Mizuki became pregnant and gave birth to a pair of healthy twins. The pair named the twins Tenshi and Makoto, both were girls. The couple loved the children with all their hearts, and Akihiko even built their crib by hand. They both wanted to give their children the life they didn't have, and love them unconditionally.

One day, things went horribly wrong. The couple had gone off to work, leaving the children in the care of a nanny. When Mizuki and Akihiko came home, they were greeted to their front door kicked in. Walking in, they realized their home was raided and robbed. The nanny was nowhere in sight, presumed that she had escaped once she heard the door kicked in. The couple's life turned upside down when they arrived in the baby's room. Both babies had their throats slit open. The couple was devastated and heartbroken as they carefully took their children into their arms. Akihiko had broken down and began to sob uncontrollably holding Teshi, while Mizuki held onto Makoto. 

By some miracle, Mizuki noticed Makoto's chest still rising and falling. She realized that her daughter had inherited animal shifter powers that have been carried throughout her bloodline. It was thanks to the powers that Makoto was alive and that her throat completely healed. Teshi, however, was not so lucky. She had not inherited any powers and was confirmed dead. The military police refused to do a search for the robbers/murderers, insisting that the couple should have stayed home to watch their children. Hearing the news, Mizuki's boss offered the couple an apartment that was above the bakery. Mizuki and Akihiko decided it was best to keep Teshi a secret from Makoto to keep her away from the guilt. They also decided to keep Makoto's powers a secret until the time came.

Eventually, Mizuki became pregnant again and had a daughter named Kyouko. The bakery owner retired and gave the bakery to the couple as a gift. Mizuki and Akihiko would take turns working the bakery and taking care of their kids. 

When Wall Maria collapsed, Mizuki and Akihiko's last wishes were for their children to be safe and find happiness. The couple was in their 30s when they died.

Fun Fact: Makoto's pet turtle was named Koi after the species of fish, koi fish