Chapter 26

Can't believe it's almost February, sheesh.
Enjoy.

Stephen

I rolled my eyes as I tried on the 100th suit that was given to me. I had to prepare for this damn ball I really didn't want to go to. The most miserable part of my year.

Unfortunately, it's tradition.

"How about this, Stephen?" My tailor pulled out a velvet deep red suit jacket. I put it on and I actually liked the feel of it. It was double breasted too, a very nice touch. I always liked to look good and I take pride in the clothes I wear.

"Yeah, I like." He gave me a black bowtie to put on and then I was wearing a white dress shirt. I had on black silk striped dress pants. My shoes were velvet black with accents of red, Italian of course. I took the remote and slowly spun the podium I was standing on. I was satisfied. "This will do." I stopped the podium and handed him the remote.

"Excellent, I will get this ready for you and stored properly, so you can transport it safely to Italy!" He said enthusiastically. I shook my head. Ross, my tailor, always got excited about events like this.

"Do you ever get tired of this?" He looked at me with his eyebrows perked.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I motioned to everything around us.

"Dealing with clothes and shit. Probably have to listen to people bitch at you about each and every article of clothing." He gave me a knowing look, "Yes, people like me." He laughed and waved me off.

"Stephen, you're actually one of my favorite customers." He said with a tinge of sarcasm behind his tone. I put both of my hands on my chest.

"I'm touched." I gave him a sarcastic smile. He rolled his eyes and began to zip the suit up.

"Well, like you said, I have to listen to people bitch and moan, but..." He trailed off, "When those people who bitch and moan buy $100,000 suits, I can...well...make an exception I suppose." He smiled.

"Oh, I bet you can." I guess I'd put up with bullshit too if someone was writing me a 100k check. On one outfit? Come on. Who wouldn't?

"Well," I sighed, "I don't mean to bitch and moan, but I'm an angry person I guess." I shrugged. He gave me a sympathetic look.

"Aww is there something you want to talk about Stephen?"

"Fuck off."

"Ah, there he is." He pointed at me as he had the bagged suit in his hands. He handed it off to one of my guards to put inside the truck. "Well, I hope this ball is as good as the last one." I shook my head.

"Not a chance."

"You taking your girlfriend, right? Jazmin, is it?" I nodded.

"Yeah, Jazmin. I am taking her, I need to inform her first, but she'd be down." He nodded as he put his finger on his chin.

"Please, run her by me. I have a few dress selections that will go amazing with your set. Even better I might add." I chuckled. I put my hands in the air.

"Hey, no matter what, she'll always look better than me."

"Aww look how soft you are for her, Stephen. It's sweet really. I've known you for 5 years and I've never seen you so gushy." I hated when people said my demeanor changed when I talked about Jazmin. But I guess I can't deny the truth. She just brings that out in me.

"You got someone special, Ross?" He looked up in thought for a moment. I mean, I didn't think I asked a hard question. He looked back at me and I motioned for him to answer.