Chapter 14

Whoa it's been a minute.

Enjoy.

Jazmin

I sighed as a I turned over to look at the close curtain. I'm surprised I could see it because it was pitch black in here. I was having trouble sleeping and I didn't know why. I don't think anything is wrong. At least as far as I know. I turned again and looked up at the ceiling.

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep-Jazmin this is not working!

I sighed out and just accepted this sleepless night, I looked over at the clock and it was 4 am. Damn it was so early.

"Jazmin, what's wrong?" A groggy Stephen said. I looked over at him and his eyes were closed. "You keep tossing and turning, is everything okay?" I sighed.

"Sorry I woke you, I just can't sleep for some reason." He opened his eyes a little and then scooted close to me.

"Are you worried about Vinny?" He brought up a good point. I was worried about Vinny. When Stephen told what happened at the pier, I couldn't even imagine.

"Yeah, I guess I am. Maybe that's what it is."

"Didn't realize you were that close..."I could just hear the jealousy in his voice. Loud and clear. I sat up and looked at him.

"You're kidding." He looked over at me and I knew he could feel my glare.

"What-."

"You're seriously jealous right now?" He was silent. Mhm, see.

"...we Italian men are very possessive-." He tried to sound all innocent. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. This dude had the nerve.

"Vinny and I are great friends, and he made me feel so welcome when I was kidnapped. Wayyy before you did." He was now glaring at me, I cocked my head to the side. "I said what I said." I turned on the lamp so we could see each other clearly.

"Yes, yes..." He mumbled as he fiddled with his hands. "Anyway, he's going to be fine. Vinny is strong." I nodded slowly.

"Yes he is....he sure is." We were silent for a moment. I took a moment to look at Stephen's tattoos. So intricate, so much detail. This man was covered from head to toe. His back, his chest, his neck, his arms and legs. I got on my knees and wrapped my arms around him from behind.

"How do you do it?" I asked as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Do what?"

"This life."

He gave a sigh and wrapped his hands around mine.

"I'm a bad person, so it's easy for me." He said so distantly. "This is the only life I know. I know no better, babe." I didn't know how to respond to that, so I stayed silent. This night was way deeper than I had planned it to be. I just had to say this one thing though.

"I love you, you know?" I felt his body stiffen. "You don't have to say it back," I reassured him. "I wouldn't want you to if you didn't mean it." He was quiet as hell and I was scared. He had literally said nothing. He didn't have to say it back, but please say anything.

"You make me feel so many emotions and feelings, Jazmin. Things I don't want to acknowledge, things I've never felt before. So many things going through my head..." Aw, he sounded like a lost little boy.

"I understand, I can't imagine Santo was the best emotional support." He scoffed.

"You're right about that." I rubbed his hands. It was almost like a 'where do we go from here' moment. It had only been a couple days since rescuing Vinny and we all have tried to make sure he was alright.