Chapter 19

Enjoy.

Stephen

I was standing on the balcony, overseeing the training of some of my new recruits. I had a stern look on my face as I watched each and everyone of them. They were stumbling, trying to learn how to fight effectively. It was pissing me off.

Actually, I've been pissed off for two weeks straight. The guys will even tell you, I've been in a horrible ass mood.

Jazmin has not answered any of my phone calls and is leaving every single one of my messages on read. I guess I can't expect her to be responsive after our argument.

I shook my head and gripped the railing. I don't know how I was going to fix this. A simple apology won't do.

I tried.

"Oof!" I heard as I saw one of my recruits fall to the floor. My trainer had given him a blow to the stomach. The recruit got back up into fighting position and waited for the next move. My trainer eyed him for a moment, determining when to strike. To my surprise, the recruit swung his right fist to land a punch on my trainer's jaw.

The hook was caught in mid air, my recruit looked scared shitless. My trainer turned his fist in the most disgusting way possible and I heard my recruit scream for mercy.

I went downstairs and approached them.

"Let him go." My trainer's head snapped to look at me and immediately released his hold. My recruit grasped his wrist and winced in pain. "How can I possibly have guys ready to fight when you are breaking their fucking wrists?" I eyed my trainer.

"He's been giving me shit! He thinks he's big and bad and-." I held my hand up and my trainer went silent instantly.

"You are to train him, not to kill him. Unless I say so." I turned to my recruit and walked up to him. He straightened himself and faced me. "You don't run shit around here, let's be clear." He nodded, vigorously. "You will listen, learn, watch, and do. You need to learn your place around here before I show you...capisce?"

"Yes, Boss." I looked at my trainer and he stepped forward.

"I apologize, Boss." He looked scared at this moment as well. I turned around and walked out of the facility. I was in no position to deal with bullshit at the moment. I felt the littlest thing would make me snap because I am on the edge.

I walked across the estate back to the mansion. As I was walking, I took a moment to observe my staff. My gardeners maintaining my landscaping. Maids setting up my outdoor dining. Then my men patrolling the grounds. Everything seemed so much in harmony, but it didn't feel like it.

I snapped out of my trance and kept on going.

"Stephen." I huffed and turned around. Absolute last person in the world I wanted to see. Ever.

"What, Dad? I'm not in the fucking mood." He chuckled at me and stepped closer.

"Yeah, it seems so. What's got your balls in a twist?" I turned around and kept walking. "Stephen! I asked you a question and I expect an answer! You always have to make shit difficult."

"Why do you care?!" He smiled.

"I don't, but please, humor me." He shook his finger as he pointed at me, "This has to be the girl. What? She finally realized her worth and kicked your ass to the curb?" He let out a laugh. I wanted to choke the shit out of him.

"Fuck you."

"Ah, ah, ah. I've struck a nerve. What did you do?"

"Fuck off! You always are meddling into shit that has nothing to do with you. You didn't give a damn then and you don't give a damn now so stay out of my business." I don't know why he was pressing about something he doesn't even care about.