Chapter 32

Enjoy.

Stephen

Everything was still at this moment. I could only imagine what was running through the guys' minds.

I could only imagine what was running through her mind.

She had a shaky hold on the pistol, nonetheless, it was a hold. The gun was loaded and her finger was on the trigger. Question is, how do we get that gun out of her hand without getting shot?

No one was doing anything. I wish I had telepathy or some shit.

"Aria." Vinny started. His voice was so calm. "I know what this looks like. A bunch of men in black in your house. That obviously can't be a good sign right?"

She still gave him a pointed look as tears were streaming down her face. The gun was still aimed.

"But let me just tell you right now. We wouldn't be showing our faces if we were looking to do something bad. Alright?" Vinny nodded toward her, "You know this life all too well, unfortunately. We are here to help you. You don't deserve the way your uncle treats you. He's a piece of shit, you know that better than anyone."

"What are you getting at?" She spoke. I think we all were just as surprised.

"We want to take you with us," Giovanni replied.

"Why would I go with you?" She quickly retorted.

"That's a valid question. I know you don't want to stay with your uncle another second. He's the only family you have-."

"Exactly, so I just deal with it." She shakily said.

"But you don't have to," Giovanni started. "Listen, I'm not gonna lie to you. We're bad people. But we're bad people with good intentions. You can come stay with us and live life the way you want. The way you never have before. You don't have to do nothing with the mafia, or anything like that. You can be comfortable and you can continue what's left of your childhood." He said softly. "Don't you want that?"

"I don't know what to think anymore, let alone what I want." She said sadly. Damn this girl has been through it. "My life is so messed up." She started crying again. She lowered the gun and it was at her side.

"We'll all be there to support you, but we know someone in particular who an help you tremendously." Damien spoke up. "I can tell you're smart. Who the hell would trust dudes who just busted in your house? You'd be a fool right? All I'm asking is for you to let us earn your trust."

Giovanni started to slowly approach her, and I discreetly pulled his shirt. He looked at me and I gave him a 'are you fucking stupid' gaze. He gave a reassuring look and began to move forward again. He was almost within reach of her and he bent down a bit to be at eye level. She looked up at him as he wiped her tears away.

"You wanna give me the gun?" He asked her. He held out his palm for her to place the gun in.

And she did.

He put the gun in his pants and straightened back up. Our eyes were still on her as she looked off into space. Probably still trying to comprehend the situation.

"I know you're dealing with a lot right now, but what do you want us to do with your uncle?" Damien asked. I thought it was pretty clear he was going to be dead.

"We-."

"Stephen." Damien held his hand up. I sighed and backed down. You know what, I'll keep my mouth shut. Damien turned back to look at her, waiting for an answer.

"He has whatever is coming to him." She replied dryly.

"Alright, we just wanted to make sure with you. Can I take you to the truck?" Damien held his hand out for her. She nodded without saying anything and took his hand. "Great." He led her downstairs. Soon Vinny, Giovanni and I followed them down.