Chapter 35

Heyo!

Stephen
I looked at the set of cards in my hand. I inhaled my cigar as I patiently waited for the guys to take their turn. They had no idea I was about to wreck their world. I showed no emotion though, had to keep em' guessing.

"Alright men." Vinny chuckled as he held his hand close. He put his cigar back in his mouth as he sat back. "What y'all got?"

"I'm folding." Giovanni threw his hand down. "Some bullshit right there." He shook his head as he huffed with his arms crossed. It was now Damien's turn. He tilted his head from side to side.

"I'll put down a rack." He pushed $1,000 on the table and picked his hand back up. I nodded slowly at him. I was beyond confident in my hand. I looked toward Vinny who looked at me. Him and I were so defensive with each other when it came to poker.

"Vincenzo." I said dark and slow. He smirked at me and shrugged. He grabbed what looked to be $20,000. I raised my eyebrows. How confident he is. I couldn't help but chuckle at him.

"Is that 20?"

"It is." He replied. I nodded slowly again.

"Put it down, Fratello." I told him. He smiled at me as he took the cigar out his mouth.

"You sure?"

"Positivo." I said. Giovanni and Damien looked between the two of us, interested in what was about to happen.

"How about you Damien?" Vinny looked toward him.

"This is purely the reason I only put a rack down." He shook his head.

"Alright then." Vinny put down his hand, 5 clubs. Impressive, he had has a straight flush.

"I knew it." Damien said with a huff and threw down his four of a kind.

"I guess I'll have a little more pocket change tonight." Vinny laughed as he went to take the money in the pot. I shook my head and waved my index finger.

"A straight flush is quite impressive, I will say. But it's not enough, Fratello." I put down my 10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace. Did I mention they were all from the same suit?

"Oh shit." Giovanni commented.

"A royal flush." I smiled.

"Damn it!" Vinny threw his cards on the floor and sat back with annoyance in his eyes. I laughed as I took the money and pulled it in my direction.

"Always appreciate a friendly game of poker boys." I stood up and nodded at Vinny. He gave me the middle finger and made his way out. We all watched him leave. He was such a sore loser. It was quite hilarious.

"You know that man hates to lose." Damien gave a soft laugh. "He'll be aight' by the morning."

"I'm gonna turn in for the night." Giovanni announced. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Yeah same." Damien also said. I patted their shoulders and motioned to my office.

"I'm gonna catch up on some work. I'll be to bed soon." I told them.

"Oooh, Jaz is not going to be happy..." Damien teased. I waved him off.

"What she doesn't know won't kill her, so shut the hell up." I pointed at him with a playful warning. They went out the back to their villas and that was the last I saw of them for the night.

I had a couple reports I wanted to brush up on. I was a perfectionist, I liked to make sure shit didn't get overlooked. I may work a little more than I have to, but we're in a settling period at the moment. It was best to catch up on some stuff I could've missed while we were doing operations.