Chapter 42

Whole forgot to drop this chapter!
I hope you guys are having a fantastic day.

Jazmin

Did this man just propose? I looked at the shiny ring in his hand and then back up at his nervous eyes. So this is why he had been acting weird lately. He was going to do this.

Makes sense now.

"Jazmin, I really need you to say something right now." He said on edge. My face broke out into a smile as I walked closer to him.

"Of course, I will marry you." He let out a breath he had been holding for the longest. He took the ring out and put it on my left ring finger. Wow, that was a gorgeous ring.  He must've spent a fortune on it.

"This ring is amazing, Stephen. I love it so much." I said as I looked up at him, "Not as much as I love you though." I reached up to give him a kiss. He kissed me back with the same amount of energy. We pulled away and just looked at each other, as we were embraced.

"I had to muster up some courage to propose to you," He said softly. "If you hadn't walked through the door, it would've never happened."

"As long as you did, I knew you had been acting strange for a minute. I see now this is why." I said with a laugh.

"Can't get anything passed you."

"Of course not." We were silent for a moment as we just took in what just happened. I was going to be Mrs. Amante. Sheesh, that's a whole lot to take in. I'm definitely going to be doing some serious thinking in the next few days. I won't be thinking about if I want to marry him or not, I do, but it's something to adjust to.

"When do you want to get married?" Stephen asked as we sat on the bed.

"Well, weddings are usually a year from the engagement-." I saw Stephen shaking his head. Clearly he disagreed.

"That's what normal people do. I want to get married in the next two months." He said assertively. I chuckled a bit because I thought he was kidding, but when he looked at me with a straight face. He was deadass.

"I hope you don't want a big wedding then." I told him. Two months to plan all this shit out?! And no I didn't want Stephen to hand it off to some planners who could make a huge wedding happen in two months. I wanted to be apart of the entire process.

"It doesn't have to be. Hell, it can only be you, me, Aria and the guys-."

"And Maria." I cut in. Maria has been a huge help as well as other employees around here. She's been his longest employee thus far. I see her as family even if he doesn't.

"She'll be working-."

"Um, no she won't. She's known you longer than I have. She's practically family. She will be in attendance as well." I said firmly. No room for discussion. He grimaced and agreed.

"Then there is your mom, James, then my Ma."

"And your sister as well." He had an uncertain look on his face. Oh yeah, the whole situation with her husband and Stephen.

"Yeah, she'll be busting down this door any moment coming to get in my face. I'll be yelling too of course." He said with a smirk on his face. "I mean, there's no way she would expect me to let his bitch ass off with no consequences. If he didn't explain to her why I fucked him up, I'll gladly."

"I understand and this is going to affect your relationship with her. I will ask you to put effort into mending the pieces back together with her. Okay?" Stephen and Damien just connected with their sister and it's already gone to hell. They didn't have a great relationship to start off anyway.